• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Dark and rainy here Dana, so assuming you're having the same kind of weather we're having. Not that great. :(

DanaTA

Distinguished
Actually, it was pretty nice all day. The rain started around 7:00, just like last night's weather forecast said it would. So, rain tomorrow for most of the day. It might start fading in the late afternoon.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, it rained, or rather poured, early afternoon here, and was still pretty humid when I went out around 5:00pm. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Rain will continue until mid afternoon on Tuesday at least. But the heaviest rain will be out of here between 7:00 am and 8:00 am. Or so said the weather man tonight. Looks like Saturday will be the pick of the weekend...rain on Sunday, at least part of the day. Of course, it's New England, and it's early. That could all change by Thursday.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
A friend across the pond in Kenilworth says that the M25 has sinkholes near London due to rains. I hope you guys don't end up in the same situation.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not that bad here. Sometimes you find small spots that need to be fixed, but nothing major like a true sinkhole.

deanna

Inspired
Terri has been kidnapped by aliens, she should be back soon. ;D 1 am is what the aliens are projecting but we'll see.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
What? No strange lights in the sky then? No profound silences in the night even? Just an Internet bug? Oh...OK! Welcome back Terre! Eer. You are Terre aren't you? Only, I've never noticed how green you appear in this light before. Terre? Why are you?.........................Arrrgggghhhh! :D

Terre

Renowned
The next time I have an outage like that which will last 12 hours or more I need to remember to ask Deanna to be the person explaining my absence. LOL
There had been a short outage the day before that I didn't notice. I wonder if that was when something went wrong and fixing it required a big take down of other equipment.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I always find those types of outages a real PITA. We had a few last year when folks working for our provider were on strike, and decided they would get better results if they cut the cables. It took 3 incidents before they finally got the guilty parties under control. Luckily they were only for 3-4 hours at a time, and one I think was only 1 1/2 hours, so not that bad, but still annoying.

Terre

Renowned
When lines get cut around here it's usually some idiot with a backhoe digging without learning where the underground lines are first. There was one outage though that was a line to a bank in Albuquerque that got cut during road work. That was a big mess for electronic payments.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, well that's accidental. The idiots who were cutting the lines that affected us did it to junction points because, as employees, they knew where they were. These weren't areas that the general public would've been near.

Terre

Renowned
Why some people think that vandalism will strengthen their case is something that has never made sense to me. Trying to return to the bully days of the early years of unions? That will backfire every time. Both sides got violent back then. Now things work out better if both are peaceful.