• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Terre

Renowned
That's mean. Get them going crazy trying to figure that out. What if their phones can't do it? :laugh:

Dana
It turns out that Androids can do that. My brother emailed our mother the instructions as well as texting them to her this morning. I haven't seen the results yet.

DanaTA

Distinguished
My phone is an Android. In the spacebar it says "English (US)". I suppose that can be changed in the settings. I try not to type often. I use voice instead. I found that if you speak a sentence, pause slightly, then say "exclamation point", it will actually put one at the end of your sentence...or comma or period or question mark. Cool discovery!

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Actually, the special characters are there!!! If you hold on a key, a popup will, well, pop up, that has the available alternate characters for that "key". The n has four options, as do the c and some other ones. Easy!

Dana

Terre

Renowned
She couldn't get the tilde from a symbol list she found to insert over the n. I'll suggest what you found out. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes Terre, the "n" with the tilde over it comes together, not as two separate keys as on a computer keyboard, so if she holds the "n" key a moment, she should see it, and then when she releases the "n" key, they will both show up in her message.

My old cellphone only offered that one as an alternative. My new one offers 4 options, but I see I can choose other languages on the new cellphone as well, which isn't an option on my old one.

Terre

Renowned
She was going to try holding the n key and see what happened. She hasn't sent another text yet so I don't know if she got it to work. It should be fine for her though from what both of you have said.

Terre

Renowned
I will have some fun, yes. :)
And do some "spring cleaning" but first I have to get well. Don't know what I caught but at least I'm feeling a bit better than I did three hours ago. maybe the worst was last night.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not bad. The weather is cooler, and the humidity is muuuuuch lower, so it's going to be a good day to go to the gym, which I'm going to have to get ready for shortly.

How're you doing?

Terre

Renowned
Doing much better. Just have a sinus pain in one area now and am tired. I'm pretty lucky that way. Most viruses don't affect me for as long as they seem to get many people.
I hope your day goes well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good to hear you're feeling better. I'm off now to get ready for the gym. See you guys later.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Har Har! Careful what you wish for young Terre. Like the Spanish Inquisition I pop up when nobody expects me! (Pauses to adjust icepack. Resumes). I've been a bit busy lately trying to sort out the Morecambe Music Festival guff with the result that it's now not going to happen, at least as far as my dynamic duo are concerned. In short, the organisers of said event have been changing venues on us to the point where we were slated to appear at a backstreet pub with a reputation for hard blues devotee's and heavy drinkers. Definitely not the sort of place to expect two twelve-year-old girls to feel comfortable no matter how keen they are so we hit it on the head for this year. I will ignore the fact that their original intended spot, at The Platform in the centre of Morecambe had been given to some sixteen-year-old chantreause who declared ambition is to win Britains Got Talent (despite the fact that she can't even speak without Autotune, never mind sing). I will also ignore the fact that the father of said songbird happens to be one of the organisers and is now known as 'that slimy little wa**er' after Eric and I met with the committee last week! Nuff said!

Good morning everyone!