• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

DanaTA

Distinguished
I think I had one years ago. More recently (80s) had one of those that was not quite a whole circle, or maybe I should say part of the circle was folded in, as a handle. Seem to have lost that, too.

Dana

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Good luck with the computer Satira, just got a friend to give my 5 year old monster a bit of a overhaul. Couldn't upgrade anything from their spare parts as nothing compatible but they know what I need now so will be keeping an eye out for when their work is upgrading the computers

Hornet3d

Wise
Good luck Satira and Dreamer. I struggled with a machine that had the habit of crashing to the blue screen of death on a regular basis for a couple of years. Once I was able to afford a decent replacement it really gave me back my interest. I still use the old machine on occasions and, of course there has not been one BSOD incident since I replaced it, then again I do not push it to it's limits any more

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hey Myth, WHOSE midsummer, yours or mine ;)

Sorry to hear that, Satira, I feels for you...my computer gave me so much trouble and grief before Shannon overhauled it that I’m still on tenterhooks each time I use it. It at least got me into the habit of saving every nanosecond but what a ghastly few months it was!

Hornet3d

Wise

Sorry to here that, Satira, I feels for you...my computer gave me so much trouble and grief before Shannon overhauled it that I’m still on tenterhooks each time I use it. It at least got me into the habit of saving every nanosecond but what a ghastly few months it was!

I can relate to that, the number of scenes I lost because I got so engrossed I forgot to back up. One of the real pluses for me with Poser 11 was the autosave function, still lost a few steps but not the whole scene.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary

Darn it! I knew someone would spot the snag! :somad:

OK! Plan B! It strikes me that the problem here is Greenwich Mean Time. You know. That line which runs from North to South Pole and is fixed at Greenwich and determines the time at any point in the world relative to it! Right? Now, because it's fixed at Greenwich that means it revolves with the world and at the same speed! So me and Lucy have come up with a cunning plan. Yep! We're going to cut it loose! (Lucy is putting a new blade in the hacksaw as I type!) This, of course, means that as the world revolves GMT will slow down and (eventually) stop. Result! The advantages are obvious. Say, for instance, Terre pops in and says, "Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Oh Dear! My legs just fallen off!" by the time you see it you can also respond in like manner because GMT is no longer fixed and should, in fact, be in your vicinity by that time. Okey Dokey! Now, what time is that London train? :)

Footnote: It's just been pointed out that cutting GMT loose means that, given that the world revolves at a fair rate of knots, serious injuries could occur as a result of meeting it in passing. I wish to point that this is complete and utter nonsense because GMT is, of course, imaginary. However, just in case, I would advise interested parties to employ the use of stilts* for the next few days just to be on the safe side.

*Lorraine's to be fitted with suitable swim-fins to enable her to stay afloat. Better safe than sorry! :whistling:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Evening all...it's just after 6pm here and I'm exhausted and braindead. Hope everyone is doing much better than I am!