• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Sad to say Dreamer, you and I both had a bit of competition:

1: She's called Lucy!
2: She's 6 years old!
3: She loves prawns!
4: She apparently has a bottomless stomach! Especially when it comes to prawns (and crab!) :eek:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hello from Friday and Sans Souci, just before I make my way to bed where I shall go to sleep knowing I don’t have to get up early. It took four separate alarms going off to get me up, coffeed, dressed and ashore to meet my friend at 11.30...I am SO not a morning person! Night all!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know the feeling Lorraine. I absolutely abhor getting up early. I am so NOT a morning person either.

Rest easy.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Miss B, I'm surprised it's been that cold at night up in NYC. I've been sleeping under a light throw for the last week or so, and that's been too much a few nights. I ended up throwing it off a couple nights last week.

March and April are usually pretty rough here because the temperature outside isn't high enough for the heat to kick on, and with a north and northwestern exposure, it's usually late April before I start getting any sun (and consequently, heat) through the windows in the late afternoon. Tsuki has been enjoying that the last week or so. It's been a couple weeks now since I've had to turn the heat on to take the chill off when I'm working at the computer.

While I love being in an end apartment, having two walls exposed to the weather sometimes keeps my apartment just too cold in the spring and fall months when it's not cold enough outside to justify turning on the heat.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Update on my computer. The hard drive has indeed failed. So ... a new drive (SSD 2TB) is on order from Amazon, and is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Then it can be installed in my computer.

While I could reinstall my runtimes, I'm hoping he can recover them so I don't have to reinstall. Of course, I can't remember where exactly they are ... other than in My Documents. But I can't remember if they are inside the Design 3D folder and whether there is another folder inside that one. Of course, I can't just open Explorer and look, because ... 1. The computer is in the shop. and 2. The Hard Drive failed!

I need to take screenshots and store them in Google!

Since I had to have my hard drive rebuilt some months (or has it been a year now?) ago, I have all my documents, whether text, Poser, Photoshop, Silo, etc., backed up with Google Backup & Sync. So, I've not lost any development work (or that runtime). I also now backup the AppData / Roaming folders, so I will also be able to restore the Photoshop and Filter Forge presets and filters.

Miss B

CV-BEE
March and April are usually pretty rough here because the temperature outside isn't high enough for the heat to kick on, and with a north and northwestern exposure, it's usually late April before I start getting any sun (and consequently, heat) through the windows in the late afternoon. Tsuki has been enjoying that the last week or so. It's been a couple weeks now since I've had to turn the heat on to take the chill off when I'm working at the computer.

While I love being in an end apartment, having two walls exposed to the weather sometimes keeps my apartment just too cold in the spring and fall months when it's not cold enough outside to justify turning on the heat.
That's exactly my problem as well. I don't have much of an issue during the day, as a long sleeve shirt, instead of a t-shirt, will work, but at night, my bedroom has one window facing north, and a double window facing west, and when the wind is blowing 30-40 mph, it's just totally unbearable. I had opened one of the double windows a few weeks ago, because it was comfortable enough to utilize the cross ventilation, but the past few days, I've had to close it, AND the single window I usually have open all the time.

They're predicting weather up in the 60s during the day next week, so the nights should be more comfortable, hopefully.
FingersCrossed.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hello all, wintery here in Melbourne too!

@Lorraine installing the solar panels sounds painful but worth the cost I hope! It has been for us. Our summer quarter power bill was a total of $61 dollars which was very cool...unfortunately the winter one is still higher...need an alternate source of power for winter.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I wish I could put solar in here too but renting its not an option :(
Its actually slightly warmer today than yesterday but not by much lol. The one thing I do like about it getting colder, being able to burrow under the biggest pile of blankets you can imagine every night without over heating :happyflip:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hello all, wintery here in Melbourne too!

@Lorraine installing the solar panels sounds painful but worth the cost I hope! It has been for us. Our summer quarter power bill was a total of $61 dollars which was very cool...unfortunately the winter one is still higher...need an alternate source of power for winter.

So worth it, Pen! My petrol cost for the gennie was nearly zero during the summer, and that was only for the computer if I needed it at night. I want 330w more in panels which is the max my regulator can handle...the gennie would then only be for extended rubbish weather periods.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Morning. Looks like another sunny but cool day here. Trying to wake up enough to at least try and be productive

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Good morrow, good morrow
Oh sweet Hivewire dreamers,
Have joy and be free from all skivers and scheamers,
Glance out of ye window to check on t' weather.
Oh bugger, it's raining,
Oh dear! Well I never! :rolleyes:

Miss B

CV-BEE
We're supposed to have rain most of the time over the weekend. I'm not too happy about it, but you can't change Mother Nature. She'll do whatever she wants, no matter what we would prefer.