• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Water in the tank ✔️ Washing dry and put away ✔️ Dishes washed✔️ Clean sheets on bed ✔️ Foredeck tidy and everything fastened down✔️ Tomorrow's laundry soaking✔️ Cockpit tidy✔️ Dishes dried and put away❌ Floor swept and mats shaken❌ Collapsed on clean sheets and fan blowing over totally hot and bothered body ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Had a sleep this morning then spent the afternoon helping a friend clear the last of their stuff out of the old house. Now just trying to dredge up the enthusiasm to cook dinner

Lorraine

:yeahthat: what AM I going to have?! Last night was scrambled eggs with onions, capsicum and hot sauce. Tonight I have no clue.

Lorraine

So, the European forecasters were right and Oma is tracking toward Australia. So poor Rae could be in for another drenching :( We are still getting a gale with heavy rain for the weekend but it's coming out of the Southern Ocean so temps could drop dramatically. The South Island is expected to drop by 20°C so it's going to be nippy down there. Ours could go down to mid to low teens at night...no fans needed! At the moment it's 24°C/75°F and very humid, overcast with a breezy northerly. Not the best day for doing more laundry but it's going to be done anyway. Laundry involves dropping bags into the dinghy, puttering down to the middle of the marina, finding a trolley, loading the bags and dragging the trolley to the laundry, and after doing the washing, reversing all that till back at the boat with bags of wet washing to festoon boat with again. Oh joy.

A couple of months ago I scored (well, I thought it was a score) a free gas cooker. Finally started to clean it up and one of the burners is rusted through. Dang! And of course, it's too old to have spares. I'm a tad peeved :tantrum:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Chucking it down here. I know that because I've just peeped though the letterbox! Usually Chinese on Wednesday so we're going to persuade Mom to drive there. She's just bought a Range Rover so no more excuses about her poor little Mini floating away! Har!!!

Lorraine

Hi Myth! Lovely to see you :) Chucking is going to be the word here soon too going by the sky, I thought I had a couple of days before it started...can anyone tell me why I did two more loads of washing??? The cockpit is hull to hull to ceiling chocka and there's more to hang. I'm a complete eejit.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Just been reading an article about how us poor old Brits will have to pay £52 for a visa to visit Europe in future because Spain is apparently throwing another hissy fit over Gibraltar. Now far be it from me to comment on the political situation in Europe* but we visited Paris recently and, how can I put this politely? The reports of the effects of certain EU policy's are NOT exaggerated. We had intended to be there for a week and arrived back home after two days! So I can say with hand on heart that not only will we not be paying you £52 for a visa but will fully expect you to pay us at least double that before we set foot on foreign soil again! That goes treble for a country which still kills bulls (and donkeys) for fun! Ole!

*Would you believe that I actually typed that without blushing once?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You did? Wow!

Not once Terre, honest! Actually, that's because I've heard so many different takes on Brexit I've gone dead from the neck up! :confused: Just about the only ones who don't have an opinion are the pigeons in Trafalgar Square. Mind you, that's only because they're too busy beating you up if you don't feed them within five seconds of arrival! :eek: