• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That sounds fantastic Pen. I start Fridays off for the summer next Friday. Technically, it's a periodontist visit and the rest of the day is vacation. But the following Wednesday is the fourth of July, so it's a holiday, and I'm then taking Thursday and Friday off.

I so love my Fridays off.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B and Satira! I hope you enjoy your Fridays off Satira...

I'm looking forward to having chance to play and get some 3D work done...I just find it really hard to stay focused on anything at the moment and I feel like I've forgotten everything I once knew.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wish I felt that sure...so much that I had done went missing with the problems on my old computer unfortunately. I feel like I'm starting everything from scratch.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know the name of that game with my last desktop computer. Now I back up everything including files I'm working on, not just my downloaded purchases.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hey everyone, hope everyone's fine? Seems really weird not seeing Mytho or Lorraine posting here and must admit I miss their posts.

I have decided to take some long service leave so my holidays start on Tuesday and I will have almost 3 weeks off work. I'm really looking forward to it and having chance to finally set up my new system fully. I haven't installed my RDNA stuff or starting categorising DS yet...:bounce: yep...:bounce:I'm definitely looking forward to it!:bounce:

Yes they are both definitely missed.

I hope the setup goes well and you enjoy your vacation.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hi everyone, been a long, long time. Things in Opua are pretty good save the weather, we have rain, thunderstorms and hail forecast for today, needless to say the rubbish run ain't gonna happen!

Pen, I feel your pain with your computer. Shannon has mine AGAIN as now it refuses to turn on. It might be the motherboard or the power supply. I did take it by bus down to the Waikato and it may have not liked that as the bus driver was pretty rough with the luggage. I had the hard drive in my hand luggage so he didn't manage to kill that! I still have a laptop to play on but it's so limited.

But some good news. I finally have a new generator! It's an inverter type so if/when my desktop gets back to the boat I can run it straight off it. I will be getting another UPS but. Till I get that it will run through the boat inverter as before. Better to run it straight off and through a UPS as it could shorten the life of the inverter.

Here comes the rain. Time to light the fire and wrap up.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hi everyone, been a long, long time. Things in Opua are pretty good save the weather, we have rain, thunderstorms and hail forecast for today, needless to say the rubbish run ain't gonna happen!

Pen, I feel your pain with your computer. Shannon has mine AGAIN as now it refuses to turn on. It might be the motherboard or the power supply. I did take it by bus down to the Waikato and it may have not liked that as the bus driver was pretty rough with the luggage. I had the hard drive in my hand luggage so he didn't manage to kill that! I still have a laptop to play on but it's so limited.

But some good news. I finally have a new generator! It's an inverter type so if/when my desktop gets back to the boat I can run it straight off it. I will be getting another UPS but. Till I get that it will run through the boat inverter as before. Better to run it straight off and through a UPS as it could shorten the life of the inverter.

Here comes the rain. Time to light the fire and wrap up.

Great to hear from you and glad most things are going well. Go for the simple things first on the computer like check the power lead is still fully connected to the motherboard, always a possibility if the computer has been thrown around.

Lorraine

Hey Hornet :) it's nice to be back. My son has the beast and is going to swap things on and off it to try and find the fault. I'll pass on your suggestion to him to check. I'm very lucky to have my very own home grown IT ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Hey Hornet :) it's nice to be back. My son has the beast and is going to swap things on and off it to try and find the fault. I'll pass on your suggestion to him to check. I'm very lucky to have my very own home grown IT ;)

Great, I didn't realise you had you own 'in house' tech, he will do what I suggest and a lot more. I was lucky to work for a company that used play by the rules and not charge for simple fixes like plugging leads back in but I am also aware of how much some villains would charge on the pretence of changing parts that never were changed and I hate seeing people ripped off.

Terre

Renowned
Yay!!!!! Lorraine's Back!!!!

I hope your son can get that computer problem solved quickly.

(I also wish you could send us a bit of your rain.)

Lorraine

That happens down here too! Was talking to a friend who'd had lots of trouble with her camper van overheating. Spent thousands on it then found out it was the radiator, in all the visits to the garage they'd never cleaned it out. Unbelievable. Same garage also charged for six monthly checks on their small car and never ever changed the spark plugs. Bustards!