• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Terre

Renowned
A friend met some of the guys who made Skyrim. They did the outdoor stuff in View. The way it looks is part of the reason my husband got it.

Skyrim is single player actually when it comes to PCs. There is a team trying to get a multiplayer mod working though.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Skyrim looks way better than an unmodded Morrowind, it's amazing how far games have come. I personally don't play multiplayer games either Miss B. I like most Elder scroll games because they are single player. If I want to just wander around looking at the scenery or climbing mountains I can. I was very disappointed that they revisited Morrowind as a multiplayer game I would really like an updated single player version. The graphics on the multiplayer game look awesome. I'm waiting for the game to become really cheap on steam and then I'll buy it so I can wander around and look at the graphics. Hopefully I won't die too much while I am.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I must admit I'm not a computer game player with the only exception to that being Settlers which I played for hours on end. I was actually reminded of it the other day and went searching for it. To my initial delight it was still available for download online, until that is, I spotted the bit about it needing an internet connection due to it now being a multi-player game at which point I decided it could bog-off. I'm quite capable of seeing to my own civilizations destruction without some unknown character on the other side of the world doing the honours thank you very much! :mad:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Miss B, I become an aunty this morning...I have a new nephew who gave his mum and dad a hard time as he entered the world and ended up being a caesar.

Terre

Renowned
Congratulations. :)

Oh, language usage again. I'm used to "C-Section" so originally I thought you simply meant that he is already ruling the house. Then I realized what you actually meant.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Don't feel bad Terre, as I had the same initial thought, until I realized what Pen was referring to. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd never heard it called a caesar before, but instantly thought of Julius Caesar, and immediately realized it was a Caesarean section. Of course, given that Pen mentioned a new nephew and that he'd had a hard time entering the world ... well. Context is everything :wink:

Anyway ... I'd learned ages ago Caesarean section was supposed to have been called that after Caesar, but as it turns out, it's the reverse. The Caesar name is supposed to have come about because one of Julius's ancestors had been born through a Caesarean section.

Regardless ...

:balloon02: Congrats Pen! And Congrats to the new mommy and daddy and baby boy Caesar bubs! :balloon02:

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I think I should have taken a sleepy pill as I drank too much coffee today too late. However it was my fault for drinking the coffee so I do not feel like asking for one. I do not want to bother anyone though but right now my roommate is snoring and I am having difficulty thinking about sleep.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is where you just close your eyes and go on mind voyages. It's the stressing about not being able to sleep that makes us so exhausted. I find if I just go with it and meditate or "daydream," I feel ever so much rested even if I don't get a full night's sleep.

Terre

Renowned
I've found the idea Satira suggested to be helpful myself. This is the first time that I've seen anyone else mention it though.