• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

TESTING

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So what they need is to hear from all that are getting these banners in their GMail. Hit the Support cog and choose 'Send Feedback to Google' and have one of the EMails with the banner visible and have it take a screen grab of that. This is what I wrote to them:

Hi,
All of a sudden there are yellow warning banners on a good many of my emails. Emails I have in my address book to keep this from happening. So what are you guys doing there? I'm sure trying to ramp up security but when your system is blatantly ignoring address book addresses and STILL insisting on this annoying and quite frankly intrusive behavior it's a real big turn off. Please fix this glitch, you have ALLOT of folks pissed off right now!
Thanks,
Richard

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
It has to be people using Gmail accounts. I am not using one, and I have no such issues.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It has to be people using Gmail accounts. I am not using one, and I have no such issues.
That's what I'm thinking as well. Unfortunately, I only use my IP email address for personal emails, and have 3 different Gmail addresses for my "online" stuff.

Miss B

CV-BEE
FingersCrossed.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I got one again some time last night, and it came in as a new email and had the Banner at the top, so it looks as though I'll get 2 of them with the Banner, and 3 without it, and then it starts another group of emails from this list, instead of just adding them altogether.

Hmmm, now I got CajunBeauty's email, and it's another/separate email with the Banner. This is weird. I don't know why I'm not getting them all as one group in Gmail. ~shakes head~

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's the same with the DAZ forums. New emails every time there's a new post. I turned off the email notices for forum posts. I have threads bookmarked that I visit. when I get on the computer, I open a tab in Chrome for Hivewire3D forums and one for DAZ forums. I just refresh now and then and I see anything that's new. Getting all those emails was annoying.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree whole-heartedly Dana! I just happen too have had this thread "watched" so I could help Cath test what's going on. I'll be "unwatching" it again soon, so then won't be getting these notification emails anymore.

I'm here every day, and I always see new posts, so I don't need to have these emails all the time. For testing purposes it has helped Cath, and now I don't really need them anymore.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, here and there. Seems like perhaps Google is trying to "learn" what's good and what's not!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Yes, here and there. Seems like perhaps Google is trying to "learn" what's good and what's not!
Google was doing it to my email but now they stopped bother mec4d.net .. maybe they stop with this one too , one day I get zero banners the other day I get them again , it depends , the banner appears only if Lisa's icon showing up, as Google is still confused if it came from Lisa or webmaster @ hivewire .. maybe it learns with the time .
But this process is automatic by Google . The webmaster email was removed from the Google workspace so that maybe it still get confused , anyway , things going to works fine soon .. patience things still get adjusted .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Ah! I just got my first forum email notification in a couple of years! I did check and it did come to my non-gmail email so there was no spam thing. Thanks Cath so very much for tackling this!
Glad to hear it working for you Laurie , I do not checking all day long replies so it is good to have notification , and it only comes once until you check it out so not every time someone post . And those that don't want notifications can set it up in their accounts , problem solved .

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea the last few emails no banner, this one I got one. Same with Pen's ongoing thread here in the forums.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yea the last few emails no banner, this one I got one. Same with Pen's ongoing thread here in the forums.
Same here Rich , the banner just showed up and also Lisa's Icon . There should be not an icon at all . Seems like echo from old settings. It going to be fixed soon so until then just ignore it .

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not "watching" anymore, so not getting the emails. Please let me know when it's been fixed so I can watch again to see if I get emails without the banner and Lisa's avatar.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I've learned to ignore it but it's still a little bit annoying! LOL

Miss B, I got used to coming here and looking over the What's New area and the in house notification drop down but I really really love the email notifications, they really come in handy for me.