• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Title: Friendships-2

Friendships-2.jpg

Second attempt to do it better. :)

Loik and the toad enjoy the rare opportunity to watch a magical creature napping in the woods!

{PR}FallenTree-WhisperNapping-FOR-HW.jpg

I’ve never composed a scene for a square render before, and it was more of a challenge than I was expecting! Next time I’ll start off in a square aspect ratio, instead of trying to rearrange a landscape composition to fit a square shape :)

CHARACTER CREDITS: HWHorse Whisper; Loik by Nursoda; Poser Toad.

SCENE CREDITS: Fallen Tree and Greens, Asiatic Lillies, and Black-Eyed Sudans by Lisa’s Botanicals (all from the Stay Home - Spread Hope freebie collection. Thank you so much for these! Each time I’ve put some in my cart, I’ve also purchased an item, to underscore my thanks!)

Rendered in April 2020 in Poser Pro 11 Firefly at 3200 x 3200 pixels (and shared here at half size and reduced quality). View full size on my blog.

Wayii

Inspired
Home Is Where the Heart Is

Apparently it takes a global pandemic to bring me back around after the string of offline adventures and misadventures of the last few years. Never let it be said that I don't honor the spirit of a freebie (even if I did buy a chunk of the LB long ago). Of course I went in with a variety of Lisa's Botanicals, thisles from Gogmagog because woods are busy places and the Hivewire House Cat. With bat wings from the Silly Cat Things. Because Goth.

Lyne's Boys are just as lovely on the HW3D cat as they have been on other, not-appearing-in-this-render cats. This one shares a touchless aerial hug with Bong the dryad in the heart of a very old pine forest, surrounded by a rainbow of daylillies and tulips that reassure one that this too shall pass, giving way to new life.

HomeHeart-a.jpg

Wayii

Inspired
Hiya Miss B! Hi Alisa!

Glad you liked the render. I'll be around here and there but I'll never be able to be as hardcore as I was before. I had to make some serious lifestyle changes to avoid meeting my favorite wookie in the afterlife too quickly.

I can already see I'll be burning some cash here fairly soon. The Hivewire animals are really gorgeous even if Poser doesn't do the LAMH fur. Also side-eyeing the latest Poser edition. My copy (PP2014) is about as out of date as I am. >.<

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow. Lots more beauties today. Great stuff, folks!

Seems quite a few of us, myself included, are introverts whose systems aren’t overly shocked by the current change of events. The biggest change for me is not going out to do grocery shopping. I am in a high risk category so have been sending my husband with a detailed list. He video chats me from the store to ask questions. Fun! LOL

:welcome: to all of the New-Bees! Great to have you here at the:beehive:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Hiya Miss B! Hi Alisa!

Glad you liked the render. I'll be around here and there but I'll never be able to be as hardcore as I was before. I had to make some serious lifestyle changes to avoid meeting my favorite wookie in the afterlife too quickly.

I can already see I'll be burning some cash here fairly soon. The Hivewire animals are really gorgeous even if Poser doesn't do the LAMH fur. Also side-eyeing the latest Poser edition. My copy (PP2014) is about as out of date as I am. >.<

Hi!!! Missed your birthday wish because I couldn't find you anywhere, so Happy Belated Birthday!

I have Poser Pro 2010, so I can't even use the Hivewire3D figures in Poser.

Dana