• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've not been out of the house except for a trip to drop some stuff off for my grandson for his studies and we maintained social distancing. So no hugs! : (
I've been going between being on holidays and doing fun stuff like the render and trying to set up for the new term and remote learning. It's pretty tricky as I job share(down to three days this year) and I have to wait on responses from the teachers I work with and also I've moved from the end of last term to the other campus due to staff changes. So I don't know the students and haven't seen even their reading scores at this point let alone what they can do in terms of writing or math. It's feeling very challenging.

I've also been ringing my parents and son everyday (Dad's 90 and mum's 88 and my son is immune suppressed at the moment) to ensure that they are all well. My husband has been doing trips to the supermarket and pharmacy when needed but we have managed to get deliveries from Woolworths placed and our first order arrives today.

I'm finding that knowing it's not possible to go out a bit depressing as normally I would do things with my grandkids during the holidays and meet up with some friends for coffee.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm finding that knowing it's not possible to go out a bit depressing as normally I would do things with my grandkids during the holidays and meet up with some friends for coffee.

I know right. For the last three years I've taken my granddaughter to a hotel resort near here where they have an egg hunt. We also do brunch. She loves it! This year we ordered a basket full of stuff off of Amazon for her. :(

I sure hope people look into rescheduling some of these things. I wouldn't mind going to an egg hunt in August.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Are there any challenges with the free content? I saw some mentions of some items being Poser only. Unless the product page specifically says Poser Only, the items can be used in Daz Studio as well.

Just a note here - while some items may say that, some don't ;).

HOWEVER: Any older content (for example, all of the Lisa's Botanicals items) should work fine in DAZ Studio, even if it only has Poser files. Here is a link to how to get your Poser content into DAZ Studio - first post in thread:

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio
section 2, 2nd image shows using the Poser Format Section

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, ............. I'm still working. I send my delivery trucks out everyday with fridges and washers/dryers for people in need. Maybe I'm making a difference ? I don't know .... Sigh, pray for my delivery guys they have to wear masks and gloves etc when entering houses and can drop stuff on the porch if they don't want them to enter. We are considered first responders to help take care of peoples needs if they have a storm or an appliance go out. ..... Lowe's Receiving is still open too gotta get supplies for people and can't keep paint and such on the shelves, also lawn and garden is doing really great sales because people are looking for things to do. Even though they do have a lock down and shelter in place order.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just a note here - while some items may say that, some don't ;).

HOWEVER: Any older content (for example, all of the Lisa's Botanicals items) should work fine in DAZ Studio, even if it only has Poser files. Here is a link to how to get your Poser content into DAZ Studio - first post in thread:

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio
section 2, 2nd image shows using the Poser Format Section
All the poser things can be used in DS...even the weighted ones if you convert to triax weighted on DS

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I know right. For the last three years I've taken my granddaughter to a hotel resort near here where they have an egg hunt. We also do brunch. She loves it! This year we ordered a basket full of stuff off of Amazon for her. :(

I sure hope people look into rescheduling some of these things. I wouldn't mind going to an egg hunt in August.
That would be lovely if they do. I like to take them shopping. I give them an amount they can spend on clothes and they get to choose what they buy. I also buy a few other bits and pieces and take them to a game arcade at least with the younger two.
Well, ............. I'm still working. I send my delivery trucks out everyday with fridges and washers/dryers for people in need. Maybe I'm making a difference ? I don't know .... Sigh, pray for my delivery guys they have to wear masks and gloves etc when entering houses and can drop stuff on the porch if they don't want them to enter. We are considered first responders to help take care of peoples needs if they have a storm or an appliance go out. ..... Lowe's Receiving is still open too gotta get supplies for people and can't keep paint and such on the shelves, also lawn and garden is doing really great sales because people are looking for things to do. Even though they do have a lock down and shelter in place order.
Stay safe NA! I'll send good thoughts towards your delivery guys...they are amazing continuing to work the way they do.
All the poser things can be used in DS...even the weighted ones if you convert to triax weighted on DS
This is true. Someone posted about Nobbit on facebook and could it be used in DS and it reminded me that I had converted him to DS ages ago when he first came to HiveWire. Here's my WIP thread from when I did it and also a post I made about converting morphs from Poser Converting Gnobbit to DS a wip and Converting Poser morphs to DS for converting morphs to DS. Hope it helps!

Just wanted to add that all the stuff I've got from Dawn works beautifully with DS dynamic simulation. I've been using it with the plug ins that DS had before it was released also...

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I use older LB plants in Daz Studio all the time. They work just fine.
I've always been able to use them in DS with versions DS 2, DS 3 Advanced, and DS 4.0 Pro. I haven't upgraded my DS 4 since then because I went back to using Poser, but I never had an issue with any of Lisa's products in DS. In fact, 95% of my DS 3 Advanced Runtime consists of Poser compatible products.

Needless to say SuperFly textures won't work, but FireFly textures should work.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Still working here too. It's just that all office staff (which includes us programmer analysts) are working remotely from home. Case managers are still out in the field, though they are often not being allowed to meet with their participants.

I keep hoping I will have time to put together an image or two. But by the time I'm off the computer for work ... I'm exhausted and can only stand to be at the computer for a few minutes at a time. It's not that it's stressful working from home, it's that we have about 70-90 iPads we now support, and they don't exactly play well with the Case Manager system. So we're constantly troubleshooting iPad caused problems that tend to be intermittent or only affect a couple people out of the 70-90 who use iPads.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just playing around, HiveWire House Cat, Fallen Tree plants, my steampunk cat mask and a carriage I modeled and Seachnasaigh's texture from the Magic Flying Dust freebie.

jpg.jpg

Michele

Eager
Thank you very much to all who offered their products for free for this challenge! I downloaded several, so I'll be posting a few renders. :)

First a quick one, inspired by a picture I saw of exhausted health care workers sitting on floors in a hallway, dozing or resting. Wish there was something I could give them beyond hoping they'll be okay.

A little spot of brightness

a-little-spot-of-brightness_1260x900.jpg

Used the Emergency Exit, Asiatic Lily, and Black-Eyed Susan. It was a little hard to find three things for this one, though maybe I could've fit in the potted palm as well. The botanicals I bought back when they were still at DAZ.

Poser items are usually okay for me in DS4, though anything with inject PMD, Poser dynamics, or procedural shaders won't work for me.

Sometimes Poser poses will pin DS's Dawn/Dusk's legs to the floor and distort the limbs but there's a fix for that linked here in the HW forums.

I did download the Casual Anabela Shoes and they're a little tricky to fit to the DS version of Dawn -- the included foot pose caused some issues so I skipped it, manually posed Dawn's feet, and then hid her toes. After that the shoes worked fine. The materials won't apply but there are plenty of DS shaders for this sort of thing.

Gogmagog loads fine, though it looks like I'll have to dig up a sky dome prop to use the sky textures. I've got several by Flink that should work for that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Another not entry...this time using Potted palm, elfen poses from Satira and Dawn's Patchwork dress using DS dynamics.

To use the dress, I used the transfer utility to conform it to Dawn and then added a dforce dynamic modifier. Shader is from Dawn's shader factory for Iray. I love the way this dress has draped in DS.

Pose from Satira worked no problems and so did the potted plant.

Checking the outside world copy.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Another not entry...this time using Potted palm, elfen poses from Satira and Dawn's Patchwork dress using DS dynamics.

To use the dress, I used the transfer utility to conform it to Dawn and then added a dforce dynamic modifier. Shader is from Dawn's shader factory for Iray. I love the way this dress has draped in DS.

Pose from Satira worked no problems and so did the potted plant.
Oh freaking wow! I have no words! That looks amazing!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
All done inside DS with Poser products. I want to do a Diva one next using Haigan's poses and Luna. Just hope I can find all my stuff...I'm still setting things up from when I changed computers.

BronzeDragon

Motivated
First time on this site. Hope this render is ok.

Title - Learning

Rendered in DAZ3D Studio 4.12 IRAY (sorry, don't do Poser) using the following items:

Stay Home Items:

IMArts - Land-escapes - Mystic paths vol 1 (Green Forest)
Lisa'a Botanicals - Daylily (LB_Daylily01, LB_Daylily01_1, LB_Daylily03)
Needful Things - Columns (small)

Other Items:

DAZ3D - G8F
Pixeluna - Pix Onyx Cyborg for G8F
EdArt3D - SciFi_Swimware_One
Imaginary3D - Sci-Fi Shades
Fuseling - FSL Magic Crown01
Orestes Graphics - Foreverstones (ground)

by BronzeDragon
Learning.jpg

Attachments

• Learning.jpg
    Learning.jpg
    959.6 KB · Views: 190

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
First time on this site. Hope this render is ok.

Title - Learning

Rendered in DAZ3D Studio 4.12 IRAY (sorry, don't do Poser) using the following items:

Stay Home Items:

IMArts - Land-escapes - Mystic paths vol 1 (Green Forest)
Lisa'a Botanicals - Daylily (LB_Daylily01, LB_Daylily01_1, LB_Daylily03)
Needful Things - Columns (small)

Other Items:

DAZ3D - G8F
Pixeluna - Pix Onyx Cyborg for G8F
EdArt3D - SciFi_Swimware_One
Imaginary3D - Sci-Fi Shades
Fuseling - FSL Magic Crown01
Orestes Graphics - Foreverstones (ground)

by BronzeDragon
View attachment 58053

Welcome to the Hive BronzeDragon! Wonderful render!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree with Janet about your wonderful render. Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive! No need to be sorry about not using a particular software...you'll find a variety of softwares are used here. I use DS but I know others that use Poser or Carrara also.