• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

Rhia474

hwchallenge1.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What beautiful renders!

I'm doing okay. Running out of a few things. My son is going stir crazy and wants to drive over and go shopping for me but I told him no - Birx said to stay out of grocery stores even. I can make due without ketchup! Can't wait until I can take my son and granddaughter out to lunch again!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually, that's welcome back to the HiveWire forums Rhia, and that is a really nice render you posted. Hopefully this very popular render challenge will keep you out of lurk mode for a while. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As mentioned before, I'm happy having to stay home 24/7. I do miss talking to other coworkers, but we were able to just chat in our weekly developers meeting today. The reporting part is never more than 5 minutes, but our manager let us chat for about 15-20 minutes after. Clearly, others miss talking to each other too. We use Zoom, and the video/sound quality is excellent ... the sound is like being in the same room. Because of security concerns, we're now using passwords and have to be admitted into the chat.

We did learn today no decision has yet been made as to when we will have to start working in the office again. But, it appears management realizes it may not be until the end of May. Knowing we will be required to work in the office again is depressing when I think about it, so I do try not to think about it. I'm so happy not to have to deal with being out in the world. Interestingly enough, my mood has been better than it's been for a good year or more. Apparently, the change in office location and having to work in cubicles with little to no privacy and quiet instead of office has affected me more than I realized.

I'm a wee bit curious as to how long I can do 24/7 before I start experiencing cabin fever :wink:

If I lived closer to my family (all of them are in Oregon on the West Coast, while I'm on the East Coast), I would definitely feel more anxious not being able to be around them. That will change when I retire as I plan to move back to Oregon.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm a wee bit curious as to how long I can do 24/7 before I start experiencing cabin fever :wink:
I hit that about 3 weeks ago, so now I drag myself out to the local supermarket once a week, which is a very short walk. If all I do the rest of the week is go down to the lobby to check for mail, I get jumpy. I'm so used to taking my 1/2 hour walks 3 or 4 days a week, and now that I can't do that, I'm ready to climb the walls. ~shakes head~

Stezza

Dances with Bees
How is everyone feeling today? :grouphug:

Is it becoming more challenging to maintain social distancing?

What are your observations and concerns?

Please feel free to respond to these questions with a render if it’s more comfortable than talking about it.

I hate to think how long my hair will grow when this is all over...

but I did get my hands on some TP which is good news lol :inverted:
now back to rendering & modeling in Carrara ;) :cool:

1586395986828.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've never seen 3 ply paper products here in the USA. I always prefer the 2 ply, especially for TP. The 1 ply is horrific. :(

Your puppy is a cutie. ;)

Kerya

Brilliant

I got a 20 rolls pack of TP this week. I would have bought a pack of ten, but they didn't have any. So 20 it was. LOL
And yes, my usual reserve was getting low, or else I wouldn't have bought it at all.
Looks like the degree of saturation of TP in households around here is going to be reached soon.

Else I am fine, working from home ... no cabin fever here. The only difficulty is making sure I am taking breaks from work.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist

View attachment 58315

Cute Puppy :inlove:

I was brutally forced to put my own hands on my hair. I cut them last week a bit, now I look like an idiot and need more than before a coiffure :whistling: Fortunatly not much people on the streets who see my misery .LOl

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
LOL !! =) Congrats!! If at worst and we can't find any I suppose we can resort to using Cowboy Toilet paper!! 27 Survival Uses for Common Mullein Besides Cowboy Toilet Paper It tends to grow wild here! Though I'm rather not sold on the idea!!

There's an old, old joke (old as in it predates the 17th century), which goes:

"What is the cleanest leaf in the woods? Holly." (Holly being prickly, of course, and the joke pre-dating both modern toilets and toilet paper).

Did you know that toilet paper (as in paper produced specifically for that use, not re-purposed for it) is a Chinese invention and hundreds of years old? They even made a perfumed version back in the fourteenth century.

Hornet3d

Wise
There's an old, old joke (old as in it predates the 17th century), which goes:

"What is the cleanest leaf in the woods? Holly." (Holly being prickly, of course, and the joke pre-dating both modern toilets and toilet paper).

Did you know that toilet paper (as in paper produced specifically for that use, not re-purposed for it) is a Chinese invention and hundreds of years old? They even made a perfumed version back in the fourteenth century.

I am often amazed at just how old some ideas really are also how dangerous some were. I was shocked when I found out arsenic was used in the production of wallpaper in Victorian times.

I'm sure that toilet paper hoarding is a thing for some but... In the US there really is a toilet paper shortage, strictly because people are stuck staying home and using 40% more "home style" toilet paper rather than using quite a bit of commercial toilet paper at work, restaurants etc. My daughter who lives in San Fransisco and so located in one of the first places to lock down says she and her two housemates actually use 75% more than usual. Anyway this article explains what is going on. https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0