• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

"Spin to Win" Render Challenge! - CLOSED!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Almost looks like the guy on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.! he was also on NYPD Blue. Henry Simmons.

Dana

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
FINAL RENDER
title : Beautiful nature

this will be my only entry...loved the challenge
I use this:

Morph sets
Mini Morphs - Dwarf (DAZ Studio)
Body Type-3 for Dawn - A Ken1171 Creation at HiveWire 3D
Dawn Starter Morphs - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art
Dawn's Head Shapes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Dawn Special Edition - - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed, Christopher Creek Art, Lisa's Botanicals, and Virtual World - The Dawn of a New Era

Texture is :
The Face of Asia (DAZ Studio) - A Virtual World Creation

Beautiful Nature.jpg

the morphs used:

Dial spun challenge Gwen.jpg

Comparison with Dawn SE

Gwen comparison 2.jpg

Gwen comparison 3.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Will this one qualify?

Final render:

Showgirl: Getting Ready to Perform.

DawnBase From Hivewire 3d.
Dawn Starter morphs from Hivewire 3d.
CG3HeadResourceKit from Hivewire 3d.
HSTWDawn morph Kit from Hivewire 3d.

Attachments

• Spin and Dial set .jpg
    Spin and Dial set .jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 262

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
No, I think we already answered that. You're free to use the Sora skin texture though.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
No, I think we already answered that. You're free to use the Sora skin texture though.

Sorry there was so much confusions and a lot of questions I missed it.
I think I'll probably pass - to me dial spinning is dialing anything I have availble; so characters get dialed a little bit usually several of them as well as morphs dials.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sorry there was so much confusions and a lot of questions I missed it.
I think I'll probably pass - to me dial spinning is dialing anything I have availble; so characters get dialed a little bit usually several of them as well as morphs dials.
You do such great work on your characters and your renders it saddens me that not being able to use a character is uninspiring to you. That's what a challenge is, right? What can you do within these parameters?

I love what has been posted so far.

Last edited:

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
FINAL: Swords on the Beach
Swords on the Beach - final.jpg

RESOURCES USED:
MORPHS: Dawn's Creature Heads, Dawn Base Morphs, Dawn Head Shapes
OTHER THINGS: MsRo_BITE textures, Rock Star Hair, Scarlett outfit by Mortem Vetus (for V4, edited with Crossdresser), Questor Swords. UNPUBLISHED Photo by Rowan54

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Nice idea for a challenge. It's easy to forget how different a face you can get even by simply combining two other characters. I'm also finding that Sculpted Dusk is surprisingly versatile. Still working on this guy, so not a final render yet (I got distracted using a geoshell for the first time, while working on the skin texture). On a non-Challenge-specific-but-related note, has anyone got any good suggestions for a realistic Iray shader for teeth and/or eyes for Dusk?
Dusk Character Test.jpg

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Nice idea for a challenge. It's easy to forget how different a face you can get even by simply combining two other characters. I'm also finding that Sculpted Dusk is surprisingly versatile. Still working on this guy, so not a final render yet (I got distracted using a geoshell for the first time, while working on the skin texture). On a non-Challenge-specific-but-related note, has anyone got any good suggestions for a realistic Iray shader for teeth and/or eyes for Dusk?
View attachment 49929

Unfortunately ''combining two other characters'' is not allowed in this contest.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately ''combining two other characters'' is not allowed in this contest.
No, it's not. I was just making a comment related to the Challenge being something that might make people think outside their usual box. Sorry if the remark might have misled anyone.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Right, HaiGan. This challenge was intended to encourage people to create their own character without depending on characters created by someone else.

Like Lisa, I love what people have shown they can do with the HiveWire figures and a "handful" of morphs.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Okay, so to make sure I'm properly understanding, I can use JUST Dusk and add morphs that aren't sold as characters, or JUST DuskSE and add morphs that aren't sold as characters, but I can't dial part way between Dusk and DuskSE because Dusk counts as a character?