Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
HiveWire 3D "Spin To Win" Render Challenge!
OK folks, our judges, Rae134, JOdel and Hornet3D have spoken!!!
And the winners are (drum roll please):
First Place: #17 The Entwife by HaiGan
We were all blown away by how much different this character was to the base figure (so much so, that if you didn't know it was Dawn you would think it was a totally new figure!)
Second Place: #4 Beautiful Nature by Mininessie
A beautiful render that almost tied for 1st, we had to judge on the final render and not the comparison shots and while the POV would have worked well for any other challenge, we felt it detracted from the uniqueness of the character (as it made it look like foreshortening rather than the character stature).
Third Place: #9 Incoming! by Michele
Does this still look like Dusk? Yes, but we feel that is mainly in part because of the texture (which the clay comparison shots confirm). It is a great render and we admired how well it looks like a toon especially since Dusk doesn't have any dedicated toon morphs.
Honourable Mention: #15 Red Witch by KageRyu
The Red Witch was a stunning render and the character built was a good character, however there was a great deal of stiff competition here and the differences between them all could be quite minor. This gets its mention on the strength of the render. The render is a symphony of colour and dramatic lighting. A great character though, just pipped for third place.
Congratulations to the winners!!
Have you ever tried creating your own character?
Ever wondered how some folks seem to do it easily?
Or have you wanted to just spin some dials to see what you can achieve?
Now you have the chance to try it out for yourself! Breathe some personality and life into your figures. Create the faces you've always wanted to by spinning morph dials to create a unique character, or characters, and use it/them in a render for a chance to win!
To assist in getting started, we have created a Spin To Win Render Challenge Sale that offers individual morphs, morph sets, texture options and other goodies that you can mix and match to create your own unique characters.
You may use this thread for chatting about the challenge, and for posting your WIP renders. You can post your images here, before you finalize your render to show us how you are doing, or to ask for guidance if you get stumped on how to accomplish something.
When you have decided your image is final post here with the words FINAL RENDER, and the Title of your render, at the beginning of the post. We will collect all final renders, assign them a number with your Title, and transfer them to a private media album for blind judging.
Rules & Guidelines:
- At least one HiveWire Human Base Character and any combination of morphs.
- Morphs are defined as Starter Morphs, Head and Body Shapes, Creature Heads, Head Morph Resource Kits, Mini-Morphs, Body-Types, teeth morphs, etc. and can be further defined as morphs that are not sold with texture maps as Characters.
- No purchased characters
- No use of character morphs that are already made for you such as Elisa, Janet, Jenny, Skyla, Deirdre HOWEVER you may use the Elisa, Janet, Jenny, etc. character textures on your unique dial spun character.
- No Sculpting
- We will have a separate Render Challenge for sculpting your own morphs at a later time.
- Submissions must include the resources you used to create your unique character
- List of Morphs / Morph Products used
- You may tell us what texture maps were used however, it is not required.
- Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines.
- 1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
- 1MB max file size for images
- 10MB max file size for video
- A maximum of 3 entries can be entered.
- You must abide by the HiveWire 3D Terms Of Service.
- Comedy is welcome.
- Please keep it family friendly.
- Do not sign your images. No artist information will be shown in the private media album, so please refrain from adding any copyright information to your renders.
- 1st Place - $50 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content
- 2nd Place - $40 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content
- 3rd Place - $30 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content
- Honorable Mention (if awarded) - $20 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content
- Please post your final renders here in this thread. Be sure to start your post with FINAL RENDER, as well as the Title of your render.
- Please do not post your entries in any of the General Forum threads, or in the HW Galleries, until after the Render Challenge has ended and the winners have been announced. We would also prefer you not post your entries on forums, and in galleries, on other sites until the Render Challenge has ended.
- Because the Render Challenge is Blind Judged, the judges do not view the Render Challenge thread until after the winners are announced.
Judges: JOdel, Hornet3d and Rae134
*We'd like to send a thank you to @Michele of Red Eye Cat for suggesting this wonderful Render Challenge theme.
NOTE: After much confusion and resulting discussion over the weekend, this post was edited on Monday, August 12th to clarify the terms and intention of the Render Challenge.