• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's items for HiveWire Dog

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks, guys! ^.^ That cat is a squirrelly thing, she won't come to calls or food, so I'm not sure what to do. :-S

All the new breeds are out! I've also updated the wolf with the new black and white textures, I know a few of you were waiting on those.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So got the newest bundle. You may want to create a "Download all" zip for the orders for those of us that have fast connections. I was sort of confused, thank GOD for the Order ID #. Now for the Wolf texture addons. I got 3 of the 4 downloaded, the forth was telling me it wasn't available so not sure if you changed that to where it's not needed or what's going on there. o_O

THANK YOU for the breeds. Esp the Chihuahua!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I saw that unavailable link for the wolf textures as well, the updated ones are on the next page down.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I had to delete the old texture file, and the software I'm using keeps a visible record of deleted files in the order history of customers who ordered it before the change. I didn't know that before I deleted the file. If I'd known it was going to do that I would have handled it differently. LOL I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of it... As it is, just ignore it. :oopsie:

There are a lot of download files, I know. :-S Perhaps I should zip all the files for each product together. I just always hate it when products are bundled with the textures and all the files for each version so you have to download the textures twice to have both versions, taking up twice as much storage space as they should. I guess they assume you only want one version of the product, which might be correct part of the time, but I know a lot of us use both Poser and DAZ. I feel like having products packaged that way leads people to think they have to have those textures installed twice to use them in both programs. I just install all my content to the same directory that gets added to Poser as a Poser Runtime, and DAZ Studio as a DAZ Studio library. There are no file path conflicts, it works fine, and all your stuff is in one place.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
What allot of a published artists too is create a zip with all the Poser specific files and a DAZ Studio zip and then a 3rd (and 4th and 5th if needed) of the texture files. I like that set up as it's not creating more need for storage space but cuts down on the amount of zips to download!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
What allot of a published artists too is create a zip with all the Poser specific files and a DAZ Studio zip and then a 3rd (and 4th and 5th if needed) of the texture files. I like that set up as it's not creating more need for storage space but cuts down on the amount of zips to download!
This is what I do too

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I see Sparky does do that but my suggestion would be if it's in a bundle go ahead and just bundle them all into one zip or 3 zips, keeps it neat and clean.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
That's how I do mine, that's why each breed has 3 zips: poser/ds/textures. It does lead to a lot of files to download, though, like the breed bundle. Weirdly, every time I submitted a product through here (HiveWire) I would submit my products in that format, and the HW team would repack them into the poser version with textures and the ds version with textures. :-/

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I just don't have unlimited server space...I'm not sure how sustainable it would be having all the files duplicated on the server. I'll look into adding a multi-download script or something to the webpage, but I'm rubbish at that sort of thing, so, I can't make any promises there. LOL

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I can understand. Just a suggestion. Esp if you continue to do these fabulous breed bundles for animals.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Quite a lot of the artists on Rendo do split things up so there are the Studio and poser versions as well as a separate download for the textures. For things like figures that makes all kinds of sense, since I suspect the people who will be using them in both programs are very much a minority.

But the issue is that the downloads page scatters them all over the place, so they are in no kind of order. Does it order them by size or something?
I mean, here is the list as I have it. You need to hunt all over the place to find the related components.

downloads-list.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hey, guys. I've had a weird week...there were riots in my hometown, and we've been under a curfew. My sister was caught in one of the riots--it started across the street from where she works. :-/ So, that was a bit scary. After that, I took a couple of days to bake for my mom's birthday, and that was nice. But then, our cat escaped, we've glimpsed her a few times but we can't catch her. That's been stressful because my fiancee LOVES that cat, and he's been freaking out since she went missing. I've been spending a lot of time looking for that cat. >.<

I got back to work on this today, though, I've got the fox wrapped up and that was the last one, so I should be posting these to the store later today or tomorrow.

Put the litterbox just outside your door so she knows where to go.

CNorth

Enthusiast
Thanks, Ivory Elephant! I think when people are developing an animal that they anticipate covering with a strand-based hair, they tend to neglect to sculpt the forms of the animal's shape, because they figure it's just going to be covered up by the fur. But really, they should take more care to carve out those forms, because otherwise you wind up with a shapeless wad of fluff, LOL. Some of AM's animals suffer from that problem, and so it seems, does the DAZ husky. Speaking of strand-based fur, I should mention that all of the fluffy pups have a separate fur bulk morph, so they can be slimmed down for furring. Conversely, the fur bulk morph can also be used in conjunction with other morphs, too.

Also, I took a break from some of the tedious cleaning, packing, and testing to get a start on a jack russell terrier. ^.^

View attachment 59938
Yes! Thank you, this little charmer has been awaited!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
That's weird, I do have a sort order on the downloads, and they show up that way on my test order...I don't know why they're out of order there, Jodel. :-S I think I'll start putting the 3 zips for each breed into a master zip, so there will only be one zip per breed to download. I think that's probably the best thing to do. ^.^

In other news...I think I have the bear's base shape where I want him. I'm updating the poses and stuff, so he should be ready soon. :) I think I'll be doing one more round of 4 breeds+1 species. One of the breeds will be the Molosser I started on earlier, and the species will be the bear. I'll also put together the body morph pack and update the mini morph pack. Then, I'll work on some other projects, like the Genesis 8 versions of my characters that some of you have been asking for.
BearWIP04.jpg

BearWIP03.jpg

Last edited: