• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's items for HiveWire Dog

DanaTA

Distinguished
Boston Terrier 2 was by kirwyn, and was at ShareCG. It's not longer there. Glad I have the zip file in my downloads, that was a cute dog! Can't find it at Renderosity, either, but that's not surprising...their search engine is terrible.

Dana

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
This is why I got the Greyhound:

RiaAndTay.jpg

This is my boy Taillefer the Whoppet (he's supposed to be a Whippet but he grew too tall) and his buddy Ria (retired racing Greyhound). No, Ria doesn't have a strange bulge at the base of her neck, she has two dark spots on her right hand side that make the white part stand out in this photo.

Now here's Sparky's Greyhound:
Greyhound.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Elegant doggies. I approve of elegance.
I'm thinking of using the greyhound with V8 and Jepe's shaders in one of those sets of gorgeous Art Deco lamps that he released a year or so back. The only real downside is that it means working in Iray (bah!).

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Hi, there, FlintHawk! I had some issues with my computer and I lost a bunch of the work I did for some of the dog morphs. So, I'm trying to get everything back to where it should be. I'm nearly done with the bear again, including some extra stuff I added in while fixing the project, like a black bear, polar bear, and pelt/rug. As for the breeds...the only one I salvaged was the Molosser, so I have to start over on the others.

HWD_Bear_BlackBear01.jpg

HWD_Bear_PolarBear01.jpg

HWD_Bear_Rug.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Looking forward to them. Will the dog's LAMH preset work on these, or is it back to the drawing board for hair?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
AWW Sparks, I'm so sorry that happened to you. That's really horrid. You always persevere though! Bear looks great! Hugs

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry you lost all your wonderful work, I sooooo know how that feels :cry:

But on a positive note, the Bears look awesome! :balloon03:

@JOdel if the dog is very similar in size and shape to the Base morph it should work mostly ok, if there is a size difference it may still work but will look way different to the way you were expecting (based on my experience with other models)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, It will be worth trying anyway. I'd probably best not get my hopes up though. The size and proportions do look significantly different.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
To give you an Idea @JOdel, this is the Lioness preset on the Leopard and it has a pretty big size difference, while the hair doesn't look bad exactly it doesn't really look like leopard fur
Hmmm prob a bit fluffy for my liking up close (I think of panthers being sleek) but could work a bit father away maybe? (lioness preset)
View attachment 58215

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks, guys! ^.^

Here's what Laurie's medium LAMH preset looks like on the polar bear out of the box with the recommended density of 1,200,000. I think it looks pretty good.
LAMH copy.jpg

Also, here's a look at the different character presets that will come with the bear.
BearPresets.jpg

Last edited: