• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Unfortunately they do...BUT this last weekend I reworked the 4 Waterfowl models, carefully adding a little more space behind the transparency layers. While it hasn't solved all the SF issues, I think they're minor enough to let SF users have them and let them decide what's showstopping (A little post-work will fix the worst issues).

I was having artefacts with the Parrot and Woodpecker when rendering in Octane. But I played with the settings and found that reducing the Ray Epsilon to 0.01, the artefacts went away and everything rendered fine. I thought it might be useful for you to know.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
When Windows is talking about the "file name" being too long, it might be referring to the filename PLUS the path. I think the official limit is 260 characters. However, you can change it in Win 10 apparently

How to Make Windows 10 Accept File Paths Over 260 Characters

Or, shorten something along the offending path :)
I haven't come across this too often, but it does happen. I usually start by abbreviating part of the file name if I can. I hate having to fiddle with the path.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've been working on the update to the two Toucan volumes-- moving them into the new format (with all the morphs centralized in the Body Section, better Hip/leg connection and various other improvements). The two volumes encompass 2/3 of the Toucan, Aracari and Toucanet species found. Out of curiosity, I decided to look at the remaining third I haven't done and there are some real stunners like the Many-banded Aracari, the Lettered aracari, the Green-billed Toucan or the Blue-throated Toucanet. Is there any interest in a set that would complete the Toucan species list?

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
ThumbsUp.png
That's an up vote from me as well Ken. Those are gorgeous Toucans.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a "real" bird post... we have Costa's Hummingbirds showing up at our feeders, which means we have 5 of the 7 hummingbird species we've seen over the years, all feeding at the same type (Anna's, Allen's, Black-chinned, Rufous and Costa's) :)

Costa's Hummingbirds have the tell-tale extended gourgets (shiny part of the throats on the males). Sales pitch time... Hummingbirds of the Americas is available at the store.

CostaMale2.JPG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm not Ken but I can answer that, Stezza.

Any SBRM updates at DAZ are things THEY have updated, not Ken.

Ken's products are only updated by Ken at HiveWire. If you bought his products at DAZ and want to get updated versions when they're released, you can follow the instructions here to have them added to your HiveWire account:

Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

Miss B

CV-BEE
More than likely. I would assume they update that every time they have a software update.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I have not given DAZ any updates since my departure from there in June of 2013.

Anyone who wants my updates (to any of my products) can get them now through Hivewire3D using my product transfer program which Alisa has discussed above.

Here's a list of what's had major updates from my older DAZ catalog: (of what I remember)
  • Songbird ReMix Owls (now retitled "Songbird ReMix Owls of the World Volume I") -- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions
  • Water Lily Garden-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions.
  • Hanging Gardens of Nimrud-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions
  • Safari Camp-- A 3Delight materials added for some DS support. (I'll eventually get around to Iray and SF materials on this-- probably next year)
Coming Soon (probably next month)...
  • Songbird ReMix Toucans (Volumes I & II)-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions
  • Songbird ReMix Penguins-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions.
  • Songbird ReMix Wild Turkey-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
You've updated Safari Camp? Neat. I don't recall whether I included the record of having bought that one with the rest of the things I passed on a few months ago. It was old enough that I didn't expect an update on it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, but not everyone installs every single item they purchase, so the only things I would update are those I'm using, which for the most part, is Poser only, as I rarely bought anything from DAZ that was specifically, and only, made for DS.