Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Good information Ken.

2. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

When Windows is talking about the "file name" being too long, it might be referring to the filename PLUS the path. I think the official limit is 260 characters. However, you can change it in Win 10 apparently

How to Make Windows 10 Accept File Paths Over 260 Characters

Or, shorten something along the offending path :)

3. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

I was having artefacts with the Parrot and Woodpecker when rendering in Octane. But I played with the settings and found that reducing the Ray Epsilon to 0.01, the artefacts went away and everything rendered fine. I thought it might be useful for you to know.

4. Miss B

I haven't come across this too often, but it does happen. I usually start by abbreviating part of the file name if I can. I hate having to fiddle with the path.

5. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

I meant 0.0001. Basically, the lower the better to prevent pixel self shadowing.

6. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

I've been working on the update to the two Toucan volumes-- moving them into the new format (with all the morphs centralized in the Body Section, better Hip/leg connection and various other improvements). The two volumes encompass 2/3 of the Toucan, Aracari and Toucanet species found. Out of curiosity, I decided to look at the remaining third I haven't done and there are some real stunners like the Many-banded Aracari, the Lettered aracari, the Green-billed Toucan or the Blue-throated Toucanet. Is there any interest in a set that would complete the Toucan species list?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Miss B and Alisa like this.
  7. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Most absolutely!!!

8. Miss B

ThumbsUp.png That's an up vote from me as well Ken. Those are gorgeous Toucans.

9. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Noteworthy

They are gorgeous Ken!

10. Ken Gilliland

Here's a "real" bird post... we have Costa's Hummingbirds showing up at our feeders, which means we have 5 of the 7 hummingbird species we've seen over the years, all feeding at the same type (Anna's, Allen's, Black-chinned, Rufous and Costa's) :)

Costa's Hummingbirds have the tell-tale extended gourgets (shiny part of the throats on the males). Sales pitch time... Hummingbirds of the Americas is available at the store.

CostaMale2.JPG

xmasrose and Miss B like this.
  11. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Ken, do your updates include the ones at Daz3d

I have several SBR updates showing in the DiM
    upload_2018-9-1_14-49-26.png

12. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

I'm not Ken but I can answer that, Stezza.

Any SBRM updates at DAZ are things THEY have updated, not Ken.

Ken's products are only updated by Ken at HiveWire. If you bought his products at DAZ and want to get updated versions when they're released, you can follow the instructions here to have them added to your HiveWire account:

Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

Stezza likes this.
  13. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

yep, thanks.. already have then transferred was just confusing when the updates appeared.

14. Ken Gilliland

None of those titles have been updated yet, but they will... probably towards the end of 2018

15. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

The DAZ updates are probably something like metadata.

Stezza likes this.
  16. Miss B

More than likely. I would assume they update that every time they have a software update.

17. Ken Gilliland

I have not given DAZ any updates since my departure from there in June of 2013.

Anyone who wants my updates (to any of my products) can get them now through Hivewire3D using my product transfer program which Alisa has discussed above.

Here's a list of what's had major updates from my older DAZ catalog: (of what I remember)
    • Songbird ReMix Owls (now retitled "Songbird ReMix Owls of the World Volume I") -- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions
    • Water Lily Garden-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions.
    • Hanging Gardens of Nimrud-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions
    • Safari Camp-- A 3Delight materials added for some DS support. (I'll eventually get around to Iray and SF materials on this-- probably next year)
    Coming Soon (probably next month)...
    • Songbird ReMix Toucans (Volumes I & II)-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions
    • Songbird ReMix Penguins-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions.
    • Songbird ReMix Wild Turkey-- a total reworking in Iray, 3Delight, FF and SF formats with separate DS/Poser versions.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    xmasrose, Alisa and Stezza like this.
  18. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

You've updated Safari Camp? Neat. I don't recall whether I included the record of having bought that one with the rest of the things I passed on a few months ago. It was old enough that I didn't expect an update on it.

19. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

No - if we had to download and install all our content each time DS updated then you would have heard about it.

20. Miss B

True, but not everyone installs every single item they purchase, so the only things I would update are those I'm using, which for the most part, is Poser only, as I rarely bought anything from DAZ that was specifically, and only, made for DS.