• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Kerya

Brilliant
i have 2 questions about those updates... (the 1st is a bit stupid but i don't trust my own logic, lol)

- i bought corvus corvus on daz eons ago, so obviously i needed songbird remix for that, does that mean that i can/should get updates for both corvus AND songbird remix when they come out?

- i have seen a thread here recently, which i can't find again (forgot to bookmark it), about how to deal with products available here that have been bought a while ago at daz, so that they are recognized on HW and the updates are accessible... but even if i found (or someone linked me to) this thread, since the store is closing and i guess many people are busy with other things, i'm not even sure i would get an answer or a "key" (or whatever this transposer thingy does/is) before the store is gone... what am i supposed to do?

EDIT: but since you're reopening on rendo, will it be possible to do that there? would be easier...

Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
i have 2 questions about those updates... (the 1st is a bit stupid but i don't trust my own logic, lol)

- i bought corvus corvus on daz eons ago, so obviously i needed songbird remix for that, does that mean that i can/should get updates for both corvus AND songbird remix when they come out?

All Songbird ReMix sets (with the except of the pose sets) are standalone.

- i have seen a thread here recently, which i can't find again (forgot to bookmark it), about how to deal with products available here that have been bought a while ago at daz, so that they are recognized on HW and the updates are accessible... but even if i found (or someone linked me to) this thread, since the store is closing and i guess many people are busy with other things, i'm not even sure i would get an answer or a "key" (or whatever this transposer thingy does/is) before the store is gone... what am i supposed to do?

EDIT: but since you're reopening on rendo, will it be possible to do that there? would be easier...

The link is for my transfer program is here...

Renderosity is going to try to move the purchase data along with my store so I'll be able to continue the updating process. I don't expect that process to be flawless, so I will be keeping my transfer program for those who slipped through the cracks in my store move and those who still want the updates from purchases during my DAZ days. I don't expect this move to be without bumps so I'm not expecting to have my entire product line showing up on January 5th, although there will be two new Songbird ReMix there :)

I'd suggest doing the transfer now and getting SBRM (which is out) and Corvus (which may be released this week) before the HW stores closes

manekiNeko

All Songbird ReMix sets (with the except of the pose sets) are standalone.

The link is for my transfer program is here...

Renderosity is going to try to move the purchase data along with my store so I'll be able to continue the updating process. I don't expect that process to be flawless, so I will be keeping my transfer program for those who slipped through the cracks in my store move and those who still want the updates from purchases during my DAZ days. I don't expect this move to be without bumps so I'm not expecting to have my entire product line showing up on January 5th, although there will be two new Songbird ReMix there :)

I'd suggest doing the transfer now and getting SBRM (which is out) and Corvus (which may be released this week) before the HW stores closes
thank you Ken, fantastic! ^^ i just got a "thank you for your order" mail from HW, so it's already done !

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Does anybody use 3Delight anymore with DAZ Studio? I was recently asked by testers why I still am including it since Iray is by far the renderer of choice in DS.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Most people I know use Iray, but I do see the odd 3DL renders and they are mostly by animators or comic book creators.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes. I don't use Iray if I can avoid it. I'll use firefly materials before I'll use Iray.
I loathe progressive rendering, and in Iray there is no way to turn it off.
I also don't give squat about photorealism. I *want* my images to look like they were printed in a book.

Kerya

Brilliant
Yes! Please?
I know there are some people who claim "nobody uses 3delight", but it's not true. There are people who don't buy Iray only products and voicing their opinion for "Iray only" at the Daz forums. Edited to add: and it's not a favorable opinion ...

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And not everybody has Nvidia graphics cards which will handle it, either. And throwing everything onto the CPU doesn't really work for some older systems.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
3Delight is still the "DAZ Studio Default" shader, if you go by the surfaces panel in the program.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
3Delight is still the "DAZ Studio Default" shader, if you go by the surfaces panel in the program.
That has been my feeling but the testers at my new home were questioning why I was still including it. Saying that, it's true that Iray is my "go-to" renderer when working with DS... so I felt inclined to pose the question.

Firefly, on the other hand, is a no brainer... I still use it more Superfly and supposedly even Poser developers are still working/improving on it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
3DL is getting short shrift from pretty much everybody, but it's still a part of the program. I suspect that people are ignoring it because it *has* been a part of the program for so long. I agree that things like glass and metal and fluids are a bit harder to make convincing in 3DL. But one can *do* them. It isn't impossible. It isn't even all *that* difficult. You just need to deal with shaders, and that means taking it to 3rd-party add-ons. Iray is probably no better out of the box.

A couple of people in the DAZ forums claim that Studio doesn't have access to the full range of 3DL capabilities, since what it includes is a stripped-down version. I wouldn't know about that.

I do see that today there's a new tutorial on rendering in 3DL in the DAZ store. Somebody has evidently decided it might be time to do a bit of catch-up.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
3DL is getting short shrift from pretty much everybody, but it's still a part of the program. I suspect that people are ignoring it because it *has* been a part of the program for so long. I agree that things like glass and metal and fluids are a bit harder to make convincing in 3DL. But one can *do* them. It isn't impossible. It isn't even all *that* difficult. You just need to deal with shaders, and that means taking it to 3rd-party add-ons. Iray is probably no better out of the box.

A couple of people in the DAZ forums claim that Studio doesn't have access to the full range of 3DL capabilities, since what it includes is a stripped-down version. I wouldn't know about that.

I do see that today there's a new tutorial on rendering in 3DL in the DAZ store. Somebody has evidently decided it might be time to do a bit of catch-up.
There does seem to be people who still use 3dl I'd hate to see it considered obsolete - its interesting that its Renderosity that feel that way and not Daz.

Also now we have Filament

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Doesn't surprise me. Rendo has always been more Poser-oriented, and now has even more reason to be so. They broker a lot of Studio content, but they are not at all involved in development for Studio. So pretty much everything over there is at second remove.

Actually, thinking back, Studio content only really started gaining traction at Rendo around the end of the G2 era, and only really started taking off after G3 launched. That was after a major shift in the paradigms with the changes in the Genesis figure, the addition of Iray to the program and probably a lot of other things which contributed to the rush toward photorealism.

Right now I get the impression that everyone is trying to cut themselves a larger slice of the game development pie, so everything is being thrown at animation -- which has a whole different list of variables and priorities. But 3DL is still there as a fall-back for everything. It's not optimized for either extreme, but it can do them. And does them reasonably well.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Part of the headache testers have with me is that they have to test my product x4 (firefly, superfly, 3DL and Iray), so I understand them wanting to trim the process if they can....

but it seems clear to me from the response I've received here that I'll keep 3DL support for at least another year

Kerya

Brilliant
Part of the headache testers have with me is that they have to test my product x4 (firefly, superfly, 3DL and Iray), so I understand them wanting to trim the process if they can....

but it seems clear to me from the response I've received here that I'll keep 3DL support for at least another year

Thank you! And remember that this is a relatively small forum, with not that many vocal members. Like I said: over at Daz there are more people who like 3DL and refuse to buy things that don't have a 3dl version.