• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Four updated volumes have hit the store!

Songbird ReMix
... apart from the update, this volume now includes a Bank Swallow, a m/f subspecies of American robin (for the west coast), a southern California Bewick's Wren subspecies and two subspecies of Eurasian Wrens.

Songbird ReMix Pose Pack v1... All updated to work with the revised Songbird (passerine) model base

Songbird ReMix Characters v1... apart from the update, this volume now includes the nominate versions of the House Finch (only included west coast before) and a female Phainopepla.

Songbird ReMix European Edition v1... apart from the update, this volume now includes female versions of the Great Tit, Eurasian Chaffinch and Eurasian Nuthatch.

More to follow in the next coming weeks :)

dkgoose

Sad to hear about the store closing, so many birds left to buy gonna manage to buy what I can before they disappear briefly till you find your new home. Good luck on your new journey.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Four updated volumes have hit the store!

Songbird ReMix... apart from the update, this volume now includes a Bank Swallow, a m/f subspecies of American robin (for the west coast), a southern California Bewick's Wren subspecies and two subspecies of Eurasian Wrens.

Songbird ReMix Pose Pack v1... All updated to work with the revised Songbird (passerine) model base

Songbird ReMix Characters v1... apart from the update, this volume now includes the nominate versions of the House Finch (only included west coast before) and a female Phainopepla.

Songbird ReMix European Edition v1... apart from the update, this volume now includes female versions of the Great Tit, Eurasian Chaffinch and Eurasian Nuthatch.

More to follow in the next coming weeks :)
Are these free updates?

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Are these free updates?

Dana

All my updates are FREE. Simply redownload the product from the store.

There will be at least 4 more SBRM updates showing up before the store closes. I'm also working on getting all the Nature's Wonders critters converted to a similarly styled SBRM-like library format (All files in one place and character based). Those might be appearing before the store closes as well.

Last edited:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Can I look forward to seeing your Songbird Remix and Nature's Wonders at Renderosity?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Can I look forward to seeing your Songbird Remix and Nature's Wonders at Renderosity?

Edited (just made my decision):

I waited to chime in until now because I wasn't sure where I would go from the Hivewire store. I had a number of offers and even considered building my own store. It looking at pros and cons, one thing stood out. Renderosity has been a sponsor of my bird art contest for a number of years and that made them a good fit for me. After chatting with them, they've earned my trust and that's where I will become an Exclusive Vendor.

Last edited:

sandman_max

Ken, I found that I have both Songbird Remix and the Songbird ReMix Second Edition in my downloadable file listing. Do I need them both or does the second edition replace the original one?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ken, I found that I have both Songbird Remix and the Songbird ReMix Second Edition in my downloadable file listing. Do I need them both or does the second edition replace the original one?

They are two separate products (as of about 2009)..

The history... Way back when, Second Edition used to be called "Songbird ReMix2" (released in 2005) and it offered additional morphs to enhance the Songbird ReMix base model (which was released in 2003). Saying that, SBRM and SBRM2 have always had different birds in each set.

Customers found the requirements of what sets were needed confusing with SBRM2, so in 2009 I simplified everything by making every SBRM set standalone and renaming SBRM2 to "Second Edition".

The original base SBRM set was always a little thin on content because it originally had the required geometry that all other sets needed. With this latest 2020 update now in the store, I decided it was time to rectify that shortcoming by adding a bunch of new birds and subspecies of already included birds to the set so it's more in line with other sets.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So, at this time, I just need to download the Songbird Remix, right?
Yes, Songbird ReMix is available now.... Second Edition will take some time for me to finish because it uses several different model bases (some of which I haven't started to update yet)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Playing with SF in P12, here's the cardinal from SBRM

cardinal.png

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
nice... a tip for anyone using Superfly. SF does some weird artifacts sometimes-- its rarer in Iray. The render engine doesn't like the overlapping layered planes I use for fluff feathers. The easiest work around is to use the "Corrective controls" and hide the offending transparency fluff plane.

nice... a tip for anyone using Superfly. SF does some weird artifacts sometimes-- its rarer in Iray. The render engine doesn't like the overlapping layered planes I use for fluff feathers. The easiest work around is to use the "Corrective controls" and hide the offending transparency fluff plane.

You can also increase the max and min transparency bounces in the superfly render settings to get rid of those artifacts. It increases render times but also increases realism to have those fluff planes. :)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You can also increase the max and min transparency bounces in the superfly render settings to get rid of those artifacts. It increases render times but also increases realism to have those fluff planes. :)
I knew about that for fixing the tail on the HW horse never thought about trying it on the birdies. Thanks.

lotharweber

Inspired
Tried to install this product (DAZ Files) in DAZ Studio latest beta. There are no "duf" files in the zip file. With SBRM European Edition there are no problems with install as smart product. Could someone help?

Is it possible that the downloadable pz files and DS Files are the same files? They look identical in the zip.