• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
No, while I have LAMH, I hadn't used it in any of my products. Maybe some day... after I finish updating all my products

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
So how do you get that 'feathered look' like in your promos? My first draft looks weird in the midsection, especially. See the 'planes' or wedges in the belly?

Attachments

• penguin comp 1.jpg
    penguin comp 1.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
fyi, I moved the last few posts from another thread to this one :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
There's also the strand based hair in DS, which everyone has access to and is a lot more stable than LAMH.

I have Garibaldi hair too, which the new built-in DAZ Studio is an enhancement of. Both Garibaldi and LAMH have plus and minuses. Maybe someday I'll play around with hair but no now-- I have way too many other things going.

So how do you get that 'feathered look' like in your promos? My first draft looks weird in the midsection, especially. See the 'planes' or wedges in the belly?

From your image, it appears the transparency maps aren't working or on. I'd suggest first re-installing the latest version found on HW.

If you upgraded your Penguins set from the older one, it is important that you copy over all the textures and the data/geometry files. I significantly updated that set with new geometry and new UVs. Also make sure you are loading the correct upgraded version from the Animals/Songbird ReMix folders (if using Poser from the Figures/Characters library). I strongly suggest deleting the old versions' Poser-based Pose and Material libraries to avoid any confusion.

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
Thank. I'll give that a try ... Although, I just downloaded it the other day even though I bought it when I got hired for this project. Maybe uninstalling and redownloading and installing will help.

Jan

Adventurous
Wow, so much better Ken. The 2006 model looked a bit clunky I thought , but you have improved it so much overall. One thing though, are the legs a bit too long now, or is that for all the different species from this model? It looks more like a pigeon now.:sun:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The legs can be made to be smaller or larger depending on the species. The head and torso can go smaller too (like a dove)

Reactions: Jan

Jan

Adventurous
Wonderful to know Ken re more shaping morphs, it going to be more realistic looking birds. Thanks for doing all these updates, a mammoth job :thankyou:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thank-you for your support... I'm still reworking the model a little more, smoothing out some troublesome UVs that have existed the original SBRM model was first created in 2002. I not wanted to touch them because of the fear of having to redo everything texture but I'm already having to redo portions of the maps to match the thigh/hip connection so a little more work is worth the effort.