• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh that's too much fun. Impressive stuff there!

Oh yeah, I remember BBSes (I'm a lot older than I look in my avatar :p)

Ouch! I guess that means I'm a lot older too... admittedly my beard is grayer than it shows in my avatar :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I have finished the "Hanging Gardens of Nimrud" update (with a all new DS 3Delight/Iray and added Poser Superfly version) I promised and working through its QAV process. I expect that update to be out in the next few weeks...

View attachment 32169 View attachment 32170View attachment 32171

For the last two months of the year, I'll probably do an add-on volume for Dragonflies and continue with my Songbird ReMix updates (for Superfly and Iray). I should have the 5 "Birds of Prey" and 4 "Waterfowl" volumes done this year. I now have a reasonably consistent Songbird ReMix template for Iray and Superfly materials so I expect the update process to move along-- maybe 3-4 days per volume.

I'm undecided on whether I'll be releasing the Songbird ReMix volumes as they are updated or as a grand release for next years' Audubon Sale (I'm leaning towards the later).

The reason for "later" is that I will be implementing the new folder system and everything will be in "Character" format (no more assembling birds).
For the folder system, All birds will be found in the Animals/Songbird ReMix/Bird Library folder (in Poser under Characters) and the following sub-folder system:

upload_2017-11-8_9-3-28.png

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I like that system!

There may be nesting folders inside of these main groups; for instance Perching Birds (Order Passeriformes) has about 65% of the current SBRM library in it, ranging from jays & crows to titmice & chickadees to sparrows, towhees and finches.

Carey

Extraordinary
Ouch! I guess that means I'm a lot older too... admittedly my beard is grayer than it shows in my avatar :)
eat your heart out, turned 62 last birthday, got maybe two gray hairs and I am not bald or thinning.. They say baldness goes every other generation it skipped me and my dad and got my wife

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Interesting Carey, but in my family my father, brother, and nephew all went bald, each generation at an earlier age.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
The new system is looking good for the birds. Thanks for including the English names rather than just leaving us with the Latin names... :)

Carey

Extraordinary
Interesting Carey, but in my family my father, brother, and nephew all went bald, each generation at an earlier age.
well there are old wise tales and then there are old wive's tales... then there are the tales father's tell their son's when educating their son's about DNA using shock treatment....lol

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well I don't use the render material updates but I'd be re-downloading any birds that I don't have pre-assembled...that will be a big help and make it easier to use a lot MORE birds in images...as it will be faster! :) Right now I have a folder called Lyne's Ready for birds I have assembled...and it's pretty lacking.... so this will be cool!

Trouble is, for the bird sale, I already have ALL your birds... so I don't get to donate $ that way.... at any rate, I appreciate all your work, Ken!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well I don't use the render material updates but I'd be re-downloading any birds that I don't have pre-assembled...that will be a big help and make it easier to use a lot MORE birds in images...as it will be faster! :) Right now I have a folder called Lyne's Ready for birds I have assembled...and it's pretty lacking.... so this will be cool!

Trouble is, for the bird sale, I already have ALL your birds... so I don't get to donate $ that way.... at any rate, I appreciate all your work, Ken!

You'll be wanting to download everything again. The base library (SBRM, SBRM-P, -G, -Z etc) will feature the newer code with new/altered morphs (better leg/hip connection) and all the controls loaded into the BODY section like my newer birds. In addition, even the 3Delight/Firefly birds will all use better material settings like SSS on the wing and tail feathers to simulate some translucency. Some birds will also be getting some texture overhauls. One of the reason you haven't seen any new birds from me in a while is because I want to write all future products with these new CR2s... and since the new ones affect the older library, the entire library update has to come first.

Carey

Extraordinary
You'll be wanting to download everything again. The base library (SBRM, SBRM-P, -G, -Z etc) will feature the newer code with new/altered morphs (better leg/hip connection) and all the controls loaded into the BODY section like my newer birds. In addition, even the 3Delight/Firefly birds will all use better material settings like SSS on the wing and tail feathers to simulate some translucency. Some birds will also be getting some texture overhauls. One of the reason you haven't seen any new birds from me in a while is because I want to write all future products with these new CR2s... and since the new ones affect the older library, the entire library update has to come first.

Never meant anyone so concerned about completed products, I am also very appreciative

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Never meant anyone so concerned about completed products, I am also very appreciative

The reason is probably twofold;

1.) Primarily, I'm not "just" a content creator, I'm an artist too. I actually use my own products in my imagery, thus always see ways I could improve the product. I'm also passionate about birds and realize that my products and learning about birds can get others passionate about the subject. My hope is that that passion might turn into "political will" and perhaps move the needle away from extinction of some bird species.
2.) From a business end, my products have had an extraordinarily long shelf-life. It makes good business sense to occasionally update them to the current technology to keep that shelf-life going. Also, doing so with free updates, has positive effects on customer loyalty.

xyer0

Brilliant
Thank you, Sir Ken, for your marketing philosophy, breadth/excellence of products, and update/sale pricing of Hanging Gardens so I can finally buy it. As you know, there are several animals that would not be available in Daztopia/Poserverse if not for you. My practice is to purchase your debuts upon release.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm used to seeing hawks flying (or soaring) high above the trees since the area to the west of me is fairly wooded. Or as wooded as a rather large metropolitan can be.

But yesterday, I was shocked when I saw a huge bird fly past my window ... not all that far away from the building. Pretty sure it was a hawk. It was absolutely the coolest thing.

I didn't realize the Red Tailed Hawk wingspan is like 4 feet.

Carey

Extraordinary
I'm used to seeing hawks flying (or soaring) high above the trees since the area to the west of me is fairly wooded. Or as wooded as a rather large metropolitan can be.

But yesterday, I was shocked when I saw a huge bird fly past my window ... not all that far away from the building. Pretty sure it was a hawk. It was absolutely the coolest thing.

I didn't realize the Red Tailed Hawk wingspan is like 4 feet.
May you one day get to feel the wind from a hawks flapping wings....