• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

eclark1894

Visionary
Well not quite Songbird ReMixish, I'd thought I give an update on my "other" winged project...

I still have quite a bit of work to do making all the joint centers and morphs play properly with the numerous breed morphs, but it's coming along. It will probably be packaged as the complete wing model with the breed morphs and the default Bay Horse wings texture and Laurie later creating mini texture sets for the various breeds. I'm shooting for a June release.

The only breed I won't be including is "the beast". Pictured below are some of the breeds: Draft, Whisper, Shetland and Default:
View attachment 9765
Oooh, Swiftwind!:geek:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Will they scale without distortion? Once you get past the first joint where they attach, that is? Most horse wings are just too small to be plausible.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Will they scale without distortion? Once you get past the first joint where they attach, that is? Most horse wings are just too small to be plausible.
I'm probably put in wingspan and wing width controls (similar to what's included in my birds of prey sets), that's provided I can get past all the issues caused by the extreme changes on some horse breeds (Whisper, Foal, Draft & Shetland). Maybe I shouldn't be trying to have one model work are everything... we'll see

---

David Allen Sibley, author of the best NA bird field guide (imo), "Sibley's Guide to Birds", talks about his visit to the Arctic Wildlife Refuge and its importance...

Also, today is Endangered Species Day, help save a species... let your representatives know Endangered Species Programs needed to be expanded not discontinued.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Laurie posted an image of the textured Horse wings on her preview thread... they look great :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The certainly do, but I would expect nothing less from her texturing efforts. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Quick question; do you have a mynah anywhere in your collections? I remember them being fairly popular pets at one point so I wondered. I don't have a critical need for one at the moment, but there is a possibility that I may in the future at some point.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Quick question; do you have a mynah anywhere in your collections? I remember them being fairly popular pets at one point so I wondered. I don't have a critical need for one at the moment, but there is a possibility that I may in the future at some point.

There are no "pet" mynah birds currently in my series... someone did one back in 2005ish for the SBRM model and offered it as freebie. I'll eventually get to doing one... my guess is in a "Pet Shop2" volume... no promises on timing though.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I had to look up that species in Wikipedia, as I'd never heard of it before. They had a photo of a white one with black edges to it's tail feathers, and it's quite nice looking.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The brown Indian Myna birds here are a pest. They chase and bully a lot of the native Australian Birds :(

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The popularity was due to their being able to be taught to talk. I gather that they are a form of starling. Haven't seen them in years, but they were quite trendy back in something like the '50s.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Is there a Potoo available?

I've recently came upon this bird, and pretty much fell in love with the sucker because I'm weird like that. Anyone know if there's one in any of the collections?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While the hard to want to use my Philippine Eagle in flight because it wouldn't show off it's spectacular crest while flying... I thought this short video by Cornell Labs might give some ideas what that eagle does look like in flight...