• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Thanks for the update Ken! I'm glad things worked out so well!

It has been amazing watching the two eaglets at the Sauces Bald Eagle Nest as they grow into their feet! lol

And it didn't take the hummingbird chick here: Bella Hummingbird Nest
many days to get as big as its nest!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yet another online bird web cam chat today... this time with owls:

Founder and President of Owl Research Institute and host of explore's Great Horned and Long-eared Owl Cams, Denver Holt chats with us live today, April 13th at 11am PT / 2pm ET on the Long-eared Owl Cam. It's your chance to ask an owl expert!

The owl season is in full swing, with familes of owlets on both the Great Horned and Long-eared Nests. So join us for the first owl live chat of the year by tuning into the Long-eared Owl Cam and asking your questions in the comments section!

Denver Holt has been researching owls for almost 40 years, his work featured in National Geographic Magazine, the New York Times, and several big media outlets, and focuses on environmental education and wildlife conservation.

---

I'll be watching this for sure since I'm working on a project for Paradise Park (in Oahu, Hawaii) that will show the spiritual connection between Pueo (the Hawaiian Owl) and their traditions (as well as other endemic birds). The pueo is one of more famous of the various physical forms assumed by ʻaumākua in Hawaiian culture. Paradise Park to re-open

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well not quite Songbird ReMixish, I'd thought I give an update on my "other" winged project...

I still have quite a bit of work to do making all the joint centers and morphs play properly with the numerous breed morphs, but it's coming along. It will probably be packaged as the complete wing model with the breed morphs and the default Bay Horse wings texture and Laurie later creating mini texture sets for the various breeds. I'm shooting for a June release.

The only breed I won't be including is "the beast". Pictured below are some of the breeds: Draft, Whisper, Shetland and Default:
Capture.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love it Ken, this looks great. Been waiting for this one for a long time now. Exciting that it's getting very close now. Looks really good too.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, lovely. Both for the morph mix and the news about matching textures. I've got the old package, but I wouldn't expect those textures to be usable, however similar they might took to the outside observer.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh, lovely. Both for the morph mix and the news about matching textures. I've got the old package, but I wouldn't expect those textures to be usable, however similar they might took to the outside observer.

There are some slight differences (especially in how the wings connect to the horse) but the old wing textures would never match anyways-- The HW horse and it's textures are a far different animal (literally) from the Millennium Horse

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
That's terrific news Ken. In the UK birdwatchers tend to refer to our smaller species as LBT's (little brown things) yet most people are unaware of how beautiful those tiny creatures are and couldn't care less. Our own common House Sparrow has disappeared in their thousands as their habitats are wiped out. I am fortunate to live in the midst of an area world-famous for it's birdlife, mostly sea, shore and wading birds, including of late the Little Egret at the most northerly of it's range, and we recieve thousands of visitors each year to see them, and yet so few of them turn their eyes inland where our fields and woodlands are equally rich in bird species. A pity because without those LBT's our lives would be so much poorer so well done you guys for doing something about redressing the balance. Hopefully one small step to a richer future for our children!