• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Jan

Adventurous
Wow, this video shows how an eagle uses its wings and the flight feathers to maintain his soaring flight. Magnificent sight. Thanks Ken

Jan

Adventurous
Loved all the little feet under her, then she moves and lo and behold, all those cute little chicks pop out. So sweet.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
A customer recently asked me if I have done any "Toon" birds... my answer was "...not really,... well, wait... sort of". I have done one toon-like bird. It's hidden away in my free downloads... If you own "Toucans" or "Toucans 2" and haven't downloaded it.... here's a link to my "Cartoon-like" Toucan.

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
This is probably already answered earlier in this very long thread, but rather than read 50 pages and lose my mind, lol, what's the best white dove set for Daz?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well there's two ways -- find a bird species with white feathers and apply the pigeon or dove morphs to it, or go the easy way and use/get "Birds of Legend" which includes the "Peace Dove" in it

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
OK ... Bought Birds of Legend. Is the set like Harry, where the poser version won't work right in Daz? I ask because I normally use the poser content file over the Daz file unless I know in advance I have to. I've conditioned myself to go to Daz for Harry and any LAMH figures. Sound I do that for all of your birds, too? Make sense?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
This is an earlier product without a HiveWire ReadMe file, so this isn't written in there.

Typically, with Ken's packs, the same cr2 works in Poser and DAZ Studio. The difference in the Poser and DAZ Studio versions is generally that there are .ds or .duf files in the pose folder (DAZ Studio specific material files)

What I would do is extract both zips into the same Runtime folder, overwriting one with the files of the other - which should be identical, other than the .ds or .duf files).

In DAZ Studio, bring in the Runtime under Poser Formats in Content Manager. When you select the bird species, the DS materials will automatically be applied.

Be sure to read the instructions in his always amazing .pdf files, specifically this one for adding some parts that are included in this pack.

Enjoy!!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, it's exactly what Alisa said... load the model through the Poser runtime and DS materials will automatically load in. The DS material were designed for the 3D Delight engine, but usually work okay in iRAY as well. If you use iRAY, it's best to subD the model (See my FAQ).