• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
On a different track (than my fowl project), I finished up a freebie prop I made for my upcoming Ladybug set... Aphids. It's a simple, relatively low polygon prop with 4 morphs and 3 materials to keep your Ladybugs well fed. It will appear when the Ladybug set goes live.

Render 2.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Keeping myself busy...

I've temporally shelved the chicken set so I can have my Tarantula set ready for the store in late September-early October for Halloween. I've just finished up the Tarantula morph (quite a departure from that default "black widow" base shape the model has).

The species to be included are:
  • Goliath Birdeating Tarantula (Theraphosa blondi)
  • Western Desert Tarantula (Aphonopelma chalcodes)
  • "Man in Black" Tarantula (Aphonopelma johnnycashi)
  • Mexican Red-Knee Tarantula (Brachypelma smithi)
  • Brazilian Pinkbloom Tarantula (Vitalius wacketi)
  • Bornean Neon Blue-leg Tarantula (Birupes simoroxigorum)
It should be a fun mix with some common ones, some crazy colored ones and even one new species recently discovered at Folsom County Prison named after Johnny Cash.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-27 094606.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-27 094606.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 146

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's my wip Firefly version of the Goliath Bird-eating Tarantula. This is the world largest tarantula (up to 12"/30 cm leg span) and is found in northern South American rainforests. Despite its name, this tarantula only rarely actually preys on birds. Mostly, its diet consists primarily of other large arthropods, worms, and amphibians.

Also, my Ladybugs and Aphids are available now. (Note: while its featured in "Poser Pulse" the product does also have a DAZ Studio version included)

Attachments

• Goliath Birdeating Tarantula3.jpg
    Goliath Birdeating Tarantula3.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's the real reason I'm doing Tarantulas... for my Tarantula Hawk (Bees of the world v2). This very nasty looking wasp lays eggs on the backs of desert tarantulas, then when its young hatch-- they eat the tarantula. The Tarantula Hawk has a 4 out of 4 on the Schmidt Pain index. I know since I've been stung before... the sting feels like putting your finger in a live light socket for 5 minutes.

The tarantulas shown are the Western Desert Tarantula. The female lacks the black markings on the legs.

Western Desert Tarantulas.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I started doing some of the imports to DAZ Studio Iray with my tarantulas and, of course, put them in UltraScenery environments. I think the project is shaping up nicely.

Attachments

• Goliath Bird-eater Tarantula.jpg
    Goliath Bird-eater Tarantula.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 109
  • mexican red-knee tarantula2.jpg
    mexican red-knee tarantula2.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Western Desert Tarantulas and Hawk.jpg
    Western Desert Tarantulas and Hawk.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 108

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That fuzzy scary spider makes me question whether or not my vision is going south again. *shudders*

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
...and the last of the bunch, the Bornean Neon Blue-leg Tarantula. What's interesting about this endangered species is that the female is the colorful one, while the male is plain grayish. It's usually flipped around in the insect and bird worlds.

Attachments

• Bornean Blue Legs.jpg
    Bornean Blue Legs.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 99

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My Tarantula set is awaiting its release date (September 29), so I've spent my time since then returning to my Chicken project. I think I'm making some decent progress, textures are looking much more "chicken-like". I now have a relatively stable Poser version with all five breeds completed. After I feel satisfied that I have all the morphs and controls I want (I keep finding more although I already have 150+ included), I'll create the DAZ Studio side. I guessing I'll have this set ready somewhere around the start of November (barring any major issues)

ChickenOverview.jpg

Last edited: