• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

DanaTA

Distinguished
While you probably can't see all the subtle differences in some of the breeds... here's the 12 breeds my Chicken model will support.
For those wanting Bantams too, Bantams are simply smaller versions of the breeds, so a little overall scaling will make them possible too.
Correction: Rhode Island Red.

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Starting to build some poses to test out whether the rigging is behaving. Also started playing with some half-built transparency maps to see if my feather laying ideas are working (verdict on that-- so-so... maybe I'll have to add some real textures to know)

Attachments

• Render 2.jpg
    Render 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 135

DanaTA

Distinguished
Most of the ones I see when I Google it have a deeper, brighter, red, which often covers the eye area more. And the feathers on the head look more like long, thick, hair. On a few that continues all the way to the tail...but not all of them...but just about all have that on the head, down to the chest and upper back. example

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I debated uploading this image simply because the texture a "draft"... something for me to see if its starting to look like a chicken. I thought it was so I posted it. Yes, the neck feathering needs to be a lot more "stringy" and some of the coloring isn't quite right. The texture is going to need days of refinements and adjustments before it becomes a "final" map.... but overall, it's head in the right direction.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like it though, it looks like someone decided to make an image of a chicken using autumn leaves.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I like it though, it looks like someone decided to make an image of a chicken using autumn leaves.

I like the coloration too, and it's not too far off from the actual breed. Being a cross-bred variant, the chicken comes in numerous shades. I do need to darken some areas for the male-- the females are generally lighter with smaller combs and wattles. I started to refine the texture a little, making the neck feathers a little more stringy on the map-- it's getting closer to want I want. When painting the textures for the first time, how they actually map on the model can be deceiving. I'll eventually probably add some aggressive bump and/or displacement to make the area even more stringy-looking. I also corrected the hairs on the comb part of the map-- I had them backwards on the first draft map (towards the front rather than the back of the comb).

Attachments

• Render 7.jpg
    Render 7.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 97

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Needs some shiny, poor bird is looking rather dull. I don't remember, from my early childhood, our chickens being quite so dull.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh I know. They're always all slicked up and ready for a night on the town and impressing the ladies. And attack anyone who annoys them.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I debated uploading this image simply because the texture a "draft"... something for me to see if its starting to look like a chicken. I thought it was so I posted it. Yes, the neck feathering needs to be a lot more "stringy" and some of the coloring isn't quite right. The texture is going to need days of refinements and adjustments before it becomes a "final" map.... but overall, it's head in the right direction.
Didn't mean to be criticizing, just thought to be a little helpful, that's all.

Dana