• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While the spiders didn't really creep me out too much, I will admit creating and then rendering the spider egg sack did...

Attachments

• NW_SpiderWebs_Promo4.jpg
    NW_SpiderWebs_Promo4.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 155
  • NW_SpiderWebs_Promo5.jpg
    NW_SpiderWebs_Promo5.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 157

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As most of you know... I do many of my Nature's Wonders sets for very specific reasons. The new bird set I'm now working on might explain my obsession of late with spiders. I'm now doing 13 birds from the Arachnothera family or commonly known as "Spiderhunters".

Here's the first in the set, the Little Spiderhunter, chowing down on a European Black Widow.

Little Spiderhunter.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've been trying to figure out an interesting render to place my iray Brown Recluse in... I decided on another worse fear/cringe worthy image...
Since I do keep a pair of "work in the garden" shoes out on the front porch, I do l always check my shoes and shake them out BEFORE putting my feet in.

Brown Recluse2 Iray.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I grabbed the spider ... some parts work but the body morphs don't work n Carrara ( both DS & Poser versions ) but the poses do work :flower02:

this is how it loads up in Carrara with adjusted textures

Redback.png

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Iray renders of my Cellar Spider (Daddy Longlegs) and Wolf Spider...

I just wrapped up my Spiderhunters bird set, I'll start working on a few renders of them... I also have the updated version of "Mission Bells" done, so expect a few Iray renders of that too
Cellar Spiders.jpg

wolf spider iray.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good Ken. I have Mission Bells, but don't recall if I have it installed on the current laptop. It WAS installed on my last one.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I thought I was done with solo spider renders but that didn't feel quite right without using my egg sack prop at least once in something... so here a render of the Northern Black Widow (found in the the NE USA and Canada) in an iray render...

Northern Black widow.jpg

...and let's start to clean up this creepy spider mess with some avian pest control... here's the Little Spiderhunter feasting on an European Black Widow in a Superfly Render...

Spiderhunters2.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Spiderhunters is close to being given to Renderosity and will probably be out around the end of the month. Somewhere in July I'll re-release Mission Bells with its update. Not too much has changed on the Poser end of this-- the DS version is much, much better imo...

MissionBells_Promo02.jpg

From there, I'll be taking a break for a month or so (recovering from having my lower back rebuilt) and then I'll continue with my late summer/fall project...

Screenshot 2023-06-15 094531.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Spiderhunters is close to being given to Renderosity and will probably be out around the end of the month. Somewhere in July I'll re-release Mission Bells with its update. Not too much has changed on the Poser end of this-- the DS version is much, much better imo...

View attachment 77694

From there, I'll be taking a break for a month or so (recovering from having my lower back rebuilt) and then I'll continue with my late summer/fall project...

View attachment 77695
I've had Mission Bells for a couple/three years, so looking forward to an update. :)

I'm also liking the look of this new project you're working on as well. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I was wondering if there would be a fried, roasted, or rotisserie morph for it. :D
Once my research I've done on chickens so far--its a lot harder now to see them as a meal. They're surprisingly very intelligent birds-- surpassing human toddlers. They're able to recognize their human counterparts-- person to person-- and have complex social relationships with others. They talk to the chicks, still inside their eggs, too.