• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I shall have to go find my update over at Rendo! They do put them in our purchases, right?
OR do we have to go to a particular place to find them, like HW?
There is a way to see what's updated, as I've done that before. I just don't recall where I got the link, but it would be part of your account and purchases.

Other than that, all of the items you've purchased should have an update "date" (if there has been one) over on the far right of each purchase.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I shall have to go find my update over at Rendo! They do put them in our purchases, right?
OR do we have to go to a particular place to find them, like HW?
Everything is at Renderosity... you'll find the updated items in your account under purchases or gifts :)

As for "Birds of Prey v6: Eagles", I'm expecting that to be in the store towards the end of the June.
For updates, I'll be looking at "A Bird in the Hand" pose set (updated with G8/Dawn2 poses), Motherhood and Perching Places next.
July will probably have a new lizard set and my "Finches of the Caribbean"

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The "Little Eagle" (with a blue-tongued skink) from Australia.

LittleEagle.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My "Birds of Prey v6: Eagles2" will be a 4th of July release... no word yet on "Lizards v5" release date. My next updates will be Motherhood, Bird in the Hand and Perching Places. All should be ready by the end of the the summer....

Another project I'm working on... working on a bird Pyrate hat for fun now :)

Finches shirt.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, those 2 St. Kitt Bullfinch are kissing!!! Awww, how cute, or are they just feeding one another? Hmmmm . . .

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice little birds.
Somehow a bird in a pirate hat sounds like fun. With a bandana around the head under it? An eyepatch?

Would a pirate bird have a pegleg or a hook?
I'm probably not going to go to crazy on pirate gear for birds but the hat turned out okay... (and the hat will fit the majority of SBRM birds)
I might do a bandana but not an eyepatch (that would be a nightmare considering the different head shapes)

Render 1.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
First off, my "Lizards of the World v5" set has been released through Renderosity. It includes 5 lizard species including the Rainbow and Caucasian Agamas, the Sand and the Occelated Lizards and the Mediterranean House Gecko. The 4th of July will feature my other release, "Birds of Prey v6: Eagles2" which has 14 new eagles species including Verreaux's Eagle and Spanish Eagle.

Renderosity, by coincidence, is holding another 50% off sale during this period, so it's a good time to pick up sets you want.

The set I'm currently polishing up for release, "Finches of the Caribbean", will probably be released late July and followed by updates to "Bird in the Hand", "Perching Places" and "Motherhood" in August.

And finally, the main image for "Finches of the Caribbean"

... to be honest, I had this image in my head before even creating the set... and that spurred my making it ;) I love the Disneyland ride and LBB (little brown birds), so it was a perfect combo for me.

pyrates.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Is the pirate hat going to be included?
Yes, with a few different materials and also it will work with most Songbird ReMix birds. While the set is just about through its beta test, it won't be released until the end of July . This is to allow my Lizards v5 (out now) and Birds of Prey v6: Eagles of the World v2 (July 4 release) their time in the spotlight. In the meantime, I'm working on the updates for Motherhood, Perching Places and Bird in the Hand Pose set which I hope to have ready in August.

I'll probably have out a pyrate hat materials freebie with a dozen or so more materials around the Finches release too.

Attachments

• SBRM_Finches_Promo7.jpg
    SBRM_Finches_Promo7.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 139

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I got to thinking... what do I have left to update in my catalog?

Updates include code modernization, geometry fixes, Iray/3DL/FF/SF renderer support and separate Poser and DS versions.
Here's my remaining "to update" list with some notes...
  • Songbird ReMix A Bird in the Hand-- add Dawn/Dusk, LaFemme/laHomme and G8 Poses
  • Songbird ReMix Perching Places
  • Songbird ReMix Motherhood
  • Songbird ReMix Ostrich Sulky
  • Songbird ReMix Optics-- add Dawn/Dusk, LaFemme/laHomme and G8 Poses
  • Elegant Swan
  • Hawaiian Voyager-- add Dawn/Dusk, LaFemme/laHomme and G8 Poses
  • Mission Bells
  • Pixel Downs Race Track
  • Safari Camp
  • Seashore House
  • Weapons of Lua-- add Dawn/Dusk, LaFemme/laHomme and G8 Poses
  • The Aviary
  • The Aviary Poses for Dawn-- add Dawn/Dusk, LaFemme/laHomme and G8 Poses, combine this set with the Aviary main set
  • Hula-- add Dawn and G8 compatibility-- maybe laFemme
  • Royal Hawaiian-- add Dusk and G8 compatibility-- maybe laHomme
  • Nature's Wonders Duck Pond-- rework set with better plants and make similar to my "habitat" sets
  • Dusk's Falconry Gear-- maybe update-- depends on other partner in this set
Looks like the list was a little longer than I thought, but some of these sets will be easy to update since it's simply adding renderer support (unless I go crazy and decide to rework geometry-- which is always possible). I still expect to get through a good portion of the list by the end of the year.

Last edited: