• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Got 'em. I'm pretty sure I had the old version, but it wasn't transferred. That's okay. There was enough work put into it to justify a re-purchase.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I posted this in my Renderosity Gallery and thought I would share it here as well... It's the new updated Puffins in Iray.... Atlantic Puffins and Dovekies. The update will go live in early April and you'll see Seabirds v2 in late March.

Puffins-iray.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I thought I should give an update on where everything stands... it looks like all 3 updates (Pelicans, Jacanas and Australia v3) will be available for Audubon's Birthday as I'll be finishing up the DS version of Jacanas this weekend. The timing is a little ironic considering in the Caribbean the Jacana is referred to as the "Jesus-bird" do to its ability to appear to walk on water. All 3 sets will have significant additions to their updates.

Pelicans, originally an 8 bird set, now contains an additional 16 birds (breeding, non-breeding and dimorphic plumages).
Jacanas, originally an 8 bird set, now contains an additional 34 birds (breeding, non-breeding, dimorphic plumages and all subspecies).
Australia v3 contains additional 12 birds.

SBRM_Jacanas_Promo7.jpg
SBRM_Pelicans_Main.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's another render of jacanas and some Australia v3...

comb-crested jacanas iray.jpg

In my revisions to "Jacanas", the set ballooned from its original 8 birds to 42. Yes, there are only 8 true species of Jacana, but when you add in male/female, breeding/non-breeding and subspecies... there are more than just 8 birds. Granted, the male vs female and subspecies vs subspecies are pretty slight, but there are noticeable differences to the trained eye.

In the render above, for instance, the female on the right is about 1.5 times larger than the male on the left and she's bulkier. The jacana in the middle is a male but you'll notice his comb-crest is a paler red. That's because he hasn't achieved his breeding colors yet.

Filling out the image is a Banded Stilt (left, shoreline), 2 Hardheads (Ducks) in flight and an Australian Bustard in the shoreline grasses in "Dream Stance" (an iconic pose for bustards). There's also some Flock Formation Geese in the distance and an Australian Tiger (Dragonfly) in the middle of the image.

Okay, now about Comb-crested Jacanas...

Jacanas are also known as Lily-trotters, Lotus-hoppers and Jesus-birds. Why Jesus-birds? Because they appear to walk on water. The Comb-crested Jacana is found throughout Australiasia. It is distributed in coastal and sub-coastal regions from the Kimberleys, Western Australia, through northern Australia to about Grafton, New South Wales. They are more common in the north of their range. The species also occurs in New Guinea, Indonesia and the Philippines. There are 3 subspecies. The nominate race is found in southeastern Borneo, Sulawesi, the southeastern Philippines (Mindanao), the Moluccas and the Lesser Sundas (Sumbawa to Timor). Race novaeguinae is endemic to the western Papuan Islands (Misool), Kai Islands, Aru Islands, lowland New Guinea (except in the south), Bismarck Archipelago (New Britain) and the D’Entrecasteaux Islands (Fergusson Island). Race novaehollandiae (which is in the render) is the largest and palest of the subspecies and is found in southern New Guinea, northern and eastern Australia southward to Sydney.

They prefer tropical and subtropical freshwater wetlands, including lagoons, billabongs, swamps, lakes, rivers, sewage ponds and dams, providing there is adequate floating vegetation.

For Jacanas, its clearly a womans world. They range from 1.5 to 2 times the size of males and have a harem of up to 4 husbands. Once the female lays the eggs, it's the husband duty to incubate the eggs and take care of the young until they fledge. The female only job is to guard all the nests of her husbands.

Rendered in Iray using Australian UltraScenery.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'd love to...but they still haven't put the items in my account yet. :(

Dana

I have the same problem with Australia 3, as I'm still missing some of your goodies. :(

If you are no longer working getting any response from Renderosity (ShaniaB was handling the transfers), email me with what you're missing and I'll see what I can do...

Oh, I should also add, since someone contacted recently saying they didn't get their transfers (when in fact they did), that all HW transfers will not appear under your purchased items in your Renderosity account... they will appear under "GIFTS"

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I should also add, since someone contacted recently saying they didn't get their transfers (when in fact they did), that all HW transfers will not appear under your purchased items in your Renderosity account... they will appear under "GIFTS"
Yes, that's where I'm always looking. I have sent Shania a couple site mails listing which products I have noticed, so far, that I don't have, and yours, HW's own, CWRW, and a few smaller sets. I have all but I think 2 of your Nature's Wonders, so it's mainly the Songbird Remix where I'm missing things.

I'm still going through what showed up in the Gifts page with what I know I've purchased from the HW store, and the only reason I haven't kept nudging Shania is, she's got her hands full with all the products she needs to get to folks who have products they purchased here. I want to at least finish going through all the CA's products I got/didn't get so I can send her at least one or two more emails, before I start nagging her. She's doing this pretty much by herself, so she's definitely going to be working on this project for a long time to come.

I'll let you know how it all turns out eventually. Meanwhile, I've made a number of purchases since your store opened at Renderosity, and looking forward to this years sale. ;)

DanaTA

Distinguished
If you are no longer working getting any response from Renderosity (ShaniaB was handling the transfers), email me with what you're missing and I'll see what I can do...

Everything is missing. I've not gotten a single item from Hivewire3D in "Gifts" to this date. Trying to be patient. Didn't want to bother you about it.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Some of mine actually turned up in Purchases rather than gifts, so check both places.
I did. The newest purchase was in December, and it was something I bought...an Iray mechant resource. Before that, it was last April, and that was a new release by Ken at the time, just after the move to Renderosity. Yeah, not very active buying in recent years.

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
They apparently are still doing some HW transfers, I just got a slew of Gift transfer notifications for three customers and they're still coming. I can't tell you if they're still working on "the list" or filling in new requests/gaps though, but something is happening now.