• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I reworked the image with more detail, more in focus and a slightly different camera angle-- much happier with it

Render 3.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Speaking of the cart, was that Miki?
Yes, its Miki... I wanted to put at least one human in the scene and Miki was an easy choice since the stock hair and clothes worked with the scene.
Great image. (The signage on the cart looks like it's reversed, however)
Thanks... yes I noticed that too. I guess I could have edited the texture map or cut, flipped and pasted it back in the scene. Before rendering, I thought DoF might blur it enough... but it didn't. The text to me looks like Thai (?) and clearly isn't Japanese or Chinese which the scene should technically have... so decided in the end it really didn't matter it was backwards ;)

---

I think I'm be adding my "Sea Disk" prop to both Seabird volumes. It's just a low-poly disk with a decent ocean texture with some displacement and reflectivity. I've used it on my Albatross and Petrel images a page back in this thread and here it is with my Gannets. The splash was created using Nerd3D's Splash Tool. That tool is also great for making a hint of "wake" behind the paddling seabirds.

Attachments

• Northern Gannet2.jpg
    Northern Gannet2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
A little progress report... I have the Poser versions of Hawai'i and Seabirds v1 done and ready for testing. The DS versions should be ready by the end of the week. Seabirds v2 is done with the exception of a Puffins model I need... so yes, I updating Puffins too. I'll probably start moving some of the updates to Renderosity in March, slowly building towards my Audubon's Birthday sale (since same day multiple releases are frowned upon at Rendo store). I hope to have (fingers crossed) Australia v3, Birds of Legend and Pelicans by then too.

----

Ask Kenn Kaufman: Are Lovebirds Really More Affectionate Than Other Birds?

Happy Valentine's Day... My Songbird ReMix set "Parrots v3: Lovebirds of the World" which contains every species and subspecies of lovebird is on sale at 30%.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Some good news... Songbird ReMix Hawai'i, Seabirds v1, Seabirds v2 and Puffins are done and in beta. What's taken so long? Apart from the 4 additional models, 5 conforming parts and 2 props I had to update and refit, those sets together represent over 150 birds. I'm now working my way through a new seabird set and then will tackle Pelicans and Jacanas (so I can finish up Australia v3).

Here's a few renders of the updated sets and work on my new one...
The water/sea is a new included prop (Sea Disk) in my sets, the rocks are for SharaMuse's High Coast set. They're a perfect environment from my seabirds.

The whiskered auklet of the Arctic (from Puffins). Male/female in breeding and non-breeding plumages.
crested auklets.jpg

Dovekies from the North Atlantic (Puffins). Male/Female in both subspecies.
dovekies.jpg

Northern Gannets (from Seabirds v2) in breeding/non-breeding plumages
Northern Gannet2.jpg

The Red-footed Booby and Ring-billed Gulls (from Seabirds v3)
Red-footed Boobies art.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking great Ken. :)

I happen to have several of ShaaraMuse's products, so will check out the High Coast set for sure.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, oops.
I've been repurchasing the birds as they've come out, since there was a lot of work put into these updates. So I went to repurchase TEE3 and Hawaii, and found that on Rendo, once you're recorded as having purchased something they won't let you purchase it again.

And they don't necessarily list it in your purchase history, either. So, for anyone whose purchase history has been transferred, you'll need to find the item in your "Gifts" listing in order to have access to it.