• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's on your Accounts page Dana. From left to right there are a bunch of link buttons.

My Account > Orders > Purchased Items > Gifts

If you click on the Gifts button, it'll take you to your Gifts page. If you have no Gifts, it will probably say so. I had a few over the years, so my Gifts page wasn't empty when I started getting those HW products now in my account at R'osity.

eclark1894

Visionary
It's on your Accounts page Dana. From left to right there are a bunch of link buttons.

If you click on the Gifts button, it'll take you to your Gifts page. If you have no Gifts, it will probably say so. I had a few over the years, so my Gifts page wasn't empty when I started getting those HW products now in my account at R'osity.
I still haven't received any notice of adding my HW purchases yet, but on the bright side, going back through my accounts page I saw a lot of stuff I have bought over the years and completely forgot I had.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I still haven't received any notice of adding my HW purchases yet, but on the bright side, going back through my accounts page I saw a lot of stuff I have bought over the years and completely forgot I had.
Good, now you can go use them. :D

DanaTA

Distinguished

Oh. Well, all that's there is old gifts...four of them. None are very recent.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh. Well, all that's there is old gifts...four of them. None are very recent.

Dana
Yes, I had about 5 or 6 old ones, but that's where the new "gifts" will show up.

Shania sent me a site mail notifying me they were there, so that will be the first indication you have them.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@JOdel...
Thank-you for trying to do that ;)

Yes, Hawai'i was a ton of work. It was already my biggest package before the update (containing 42 birds) and I manage to add another 20 to that.
Quoting my ad copy... "This collection has more than two-thirds of the known species to inhabit Hawai'i (43 species, 62 birds in all)." Those 20 new birds are females counterparts to the males already included, quite a few new "extinct" species, a few birds borrowed from other sets that were created after the original Hawai'i was released (Hawks, Coot) and even some totally new "non-extinct" ones like the Hawaiian Duck.

So for those who haven't picked it up-- it's a steal at 30% off. I included all my Hawaiian items in the re-release sale. O'hia lehua which had been updated and other sets, Hawaiian Voyager, Weapons of Lua, Hula for Dawn and Royal Hawaiian for Dusk (those will get updated this year with new fits for Dawn2 and Dusk2).

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm a little confused, since I did purchase originally from here I have the original sets in my "Gifts" area at 'Rosity but is the older sets updated? I think I read that someone else had an issue with readding something to their cart as 'Rosity's system doesn't allow for repurchase for what ever reason. So for all the new birds added I'd like that one way or the other!

Thanks Ken. Hope all is well in your corner of the world!

Richard

Miss B

CV-BEE
You would probably have to check at R'osity Rich, but I believe once a product's been updated, and the new version is in the store, all you need to do is re-download it. I think the only time that wouldn't work, is if the name of the product was somehow changed, because then it would appear to be a new product.

Ohhhh, and I usually get an email from them (the vendor maybe) stating it's been updated.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
My understanding is that re-downloading from the gifts list will download the updated packages.

I *can* say that when i reinstalled the files for both sets, there were a number of places, like the Texture files which offered the "Merge" option. They aren't likely to do that unless there was something new included. If Ken has added the female versions, those would probably account for the new texture files.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I did redownload the zips just in case but with the gifts remaining separate from the regular downloads area just made me wonder if these zips were getting updated or remain as the original zips that we purchased from HiveWire 3D!

DanaTA

Distinguished
I did redownload the zips just in case but with the gifts remaining separate from the regular downloads area just made me wonder if these zips were getting updated or remain as the original zips that we purchased from HiveWire 3D!
Good point!

Dana

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
They definitely update the gifts as well. The frustrating part is I see no way to search. What you CAN do is go to each page - they show you 50 items per page - then, sort the page by the far right column "Updated". As an example, I looked for SBRM Hawaii, which Ken just updated. The "Updated" column says 2022-03-04 and there are now 5 files (1 DS, 1 PSR and 3 texture files for both).

DanaTA

Distinguished
I've been seeing something disturbing at Renderosity. Every time I land on the site, I am greeted with an ad at the bottom. I feel like I'm visiting YouTube! They're not ads from the site, they're from random outside businesses, who have nothing to do with 3D or any other mode of art...except advertising.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not seeing it either, but there have been a number of posts about it on their forum.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Can we please move this back to Ken' and his products :)? Thanks!