• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Some figures I have done.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Wow. There is a lot of nice things. I am with you. I like to hang out with talented people so I can learn how to do it right.

Nod

Adventurous
I have Creepy Kid Too, and the robot boy. Both great figures. Used iPi Studio to do a test motion capture with Creepy Kid Too. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Nod! Nice test animation...I struggle with doing animations even for dynamic clothing.

Reactions: Nod

Nod

Adventurous
Ta.
I can't animate either, which is why I was glad when iPi Studio came out. Now I can just plug a Kinect into my laptop and do a few moves. I'm thinking of doing a few different ones and releasing them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds like a great way to do it...can the Kinect export them to other programs beside iPi?

Nod

Adventurous
iPi Studio is the thing you'll need to export them, the Kinect was the cheapest way for me to do it. iPi will export BVH files which will work with most software. Having had a look at their site, it looks like they now want an annual fee, but I could have misread that! Mine was just a one off payment.

iPi Soft – Markerless Motion Capture

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the link...I'll have to check it out. It does look like subscription only though which I tend to avoid...

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The Little Mummy is a freebie over at Runtime DNA. I think he is still available. I will find a new home for him after RDNA's store goes dark. Little Mummy

i have the little mummy...still have to set a scene with it...and i have too the ent one of my favourites!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
this one with the ent

Woods songRr.jpg

Kimberly

Inspired
:wow:

Thanks for sharing! I have seen some of those before and wasn't sure who the creator was. Now I have a face (username lol) with the item.

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
Love the Ent render. It is good to see the Ent get some love. He is not one of my most popular figures but, he is one of my personal favorites. He was my little love note to the works of Tolkien.

That animation cracks me up Nod. ;)

D

Deleted member 325

I was working on some animated moves for the Ent. I was trying to set them up so they had similar start and end points - so they could be chained, looped, or intermixed for more complex motion sequences. At the moment I fear I had put it off too long, as with so many projects of mine (I compeltely get what you mean about feeling mediocre, I often feel that way myself). Here's one of the few test sequences put online.