• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. So far most of the people I deal with regularly who use Poser haven't seen the sort of improvements they want and may not purchase 12. We'll see.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yeah, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach this time. Most of my animations were created in Poser 2012, 2014, and Poser 11. Things like compatibility, scripts, and in some cases materials, if affected, would be losing a lot of work. I am however trying to loosely keep up with the Poser 12 forum in case questions are asked here. It seems that a few people are experiencing serious crashing of the program which could be either from computer hardware issues, or overkill in tweaking the program settings.

I always run multiple versions of Poser on my workstation, in case I need to open older scene files, so I was glad to hear that this can still be done with Poser 12. But I'm thinking that the way Microsoft has been destroying my workstations (this is the third workstation that has been rendered useless), I should probably be done with attempting to pursue "new and improved"....for me it's like, wake up and smell the coffee...haha :) So...this time I'll just watch.

make-art.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
So earlier this fall, I accidentally stepped on a toad that lives in our backyard. :eek: Was afraid I mortally injured it because it disappeared for a few weeks. Hubby said it couldn't hobble very far on it's crutches. :p It later reappeared and was apparently unharmed. So I had pay homage to it (using a small frog character as a toad with big frog character texture and a displacement map I made for it for more bumpiness).
Toad rant.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Good to see you...and your froggie render :) I was just thinking about you this morning, since Thanksgiving is around the corner. I was remided of our militant turkeys running loose...haha.

:drawing:

Terre

Renowned
Hey Terre :) Yeah, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach this time. Most of my animations were created in Poser 2012, 2014, and Poser 11. Things like compatibility, scripts, and in some cases materials, if affected, would be losing a lot of work. I am however trying to loosely keep up with the Poser 12 forum in case questions are asked here. It seems that a few people are experiencing serious crashing of the program which could be either from computer hardware issues, or overkill in tweaking the program settings.

I always run multiple versions of Poser on my workstation, in case I need to open older scene files, so I was glad to hear that this can still be done with Poser 12. But I'm thinking that the way Microsoft has been destroying my workstations (this is the third workstation that has been rendered useless), I should probably be done with attempting to pursue "new and improved"....for me it's like, wake up and smell the coffee...haha :) So...this time I'll just watch.

View attachment 65466
Jim keeps multiple versions going as well. I think the vast majority of his work in done in PP2014 but he does have his older ones on his HD still as well.

Terre

Renowned
Best option.
PP2014 does what Jim needs it to do and he has no use for the PBR in Poser 11 or 12 unless it can render as fast as the ones in game engines. SInce it can't to so yet he's not interested.

skylab

Esteemed
I was thinking the same thing Linda....waiting until there's a decent sale, and maybe by then at least one workstation will be functional. The problem with getting it now, aside from it still being in test stage, is every time I install Poser now, it uses a license...and if there's a sudden drive failure, it doesn't take long to run through all three licenses. It puts me in the position of having to constantly hassle with licenses. In older versions of Poser, it wasn't a problem, and shifting to another workstation wasn't a problem, but now it is.

skylab

Esteemed
Nice render Linda :) When I came into this thread, I didn't know what I'd find...haha...I was expecting mobs of turkeys with Butterball Matters signs or something along that line :) I think I left off with peeping toms....and you were doing your rambo turkey. We didn't realize last year that what we were doing as a joke would be a lot like reality now...what a wild year it has been.

skylab

Esteemed
Uh oh....that means you ARE hatching something...haha....hmmmm....I can see I've got to get in the "Thanksgiving" flow here....and with a workstation that I've got to kick to get it jump started...haha. But, I can't be left behind in this story :) The plot thickens . . .:eek:

:rofl:

skylab

Esteemed
You're sure right Linda...this whole year has been a lot like war of the turkeys. Here's a few high points from last Thanksgiving's turkey wars . . .

turkeys-laundromat.jpg

The laundromat sock search . . .

turkey-spin.gif

turkeys-chase.jpg

Chase and capture . . .

turkey-police-mug-shot.jpg

peeping-toms-floating.jpg

The stalking peeping toms . . .

peeping-tom-surveillance.jpg

peeping-tom-surveillance-2.jpg

turkey-mail-truck-attack-p11.jpg

Turkey gangs . . .

police-line-with-fire.jpg

detective-rank-and-turkeys-2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Free upgrade of Studio to version 4.14...can get through install manager :) I'll see if I can get this workstation to actually stay functional long enough to get it installed.

:coding: