• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Practicing Social Distancing. A little update to oldie Gobble.
SocialDistancing_sm.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Wow, moving during a health security lockdown is certainly a challenge when trying to do change of address so that mail can arrive correctly. I finally got through to one place after holding for an hour and a half (so far that's the record!)...only a few more to go and I'll be finally done...thank God. That's what's been taking so much time, and is so exhausting afterward....not to mention exhausting for the battery in my phone. Meanwhile I'm downloading updates to DAZ Studio in my first Windows 10 workstation (another yay! it's now getting online fine) and getting things ready to actually get to play for a change...yay! I can deal with lockdown reasonably well...it's taking care of all the little details that is draining so that creativity is the last thing left on one's mind. Also, between the move, and the careful rationing of food to make it last longer, I've lost 24 lbs since December...so my clothes are just hanging on me these days :) Fortunately I've got extra "fluff" so that losing some won't matter.

:angel:

Terre

Renowned
Good evening.
Glad to hear that things are moving forward OK Sky. You are one of the people I've been concerned about the most. Hopefully you can get the remainder done fairly smoothly and can get some rest.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I'm okay. Finally got the last of the address change stuff done, so now I'm starting to boot up the workstations, do updates where necessary, and am figuring out where I was when I had to pause everything. I was pleased to gain function of my first Windows 10 workstation again...because it had the nice graphics card...so that means all the problems I had getting it on the internet had more to do with the internet provider at the time than the drive itself. It works beautifully here :) I lost connection back when I was beta testing Poser 11.2...all the downloading finally took it out. Won't ever do that again. I'm so glad it's back online and fully functional now. I had a lot of downloading to do in order for Studio to be up to date, but it's finally completed. So, it looks like I'm right on schedule...I had guessed that it would be April before I'd be ready, and tomorrow is the 1st. Now that the technical is ready, I'm hoping that creativity will get a reboot soon. I've had practical issues crowding out creativity for a long time, or creativity has had to be applied to practical, real life scenarios. Hopefully as I wind down, and the pace becomes more normal, the flow will return. Jo has had no problem going with the flow...he loves his new tank, as well as his new location almost in my face at the new workstation :)

fish.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Freebies that might be useful for protection, or even a little humor, as we practice social distancing in our 3D virtual world...these are being passed around here as gifts...so everyone looks like they are ready for surgery. Whenever I go out I feel like I'm stuck in a low budget psycho thriller...seeing only fearful eyes and face masks....and I can't help but think, this must be a bad dream.

surgical mask for G8F by guy91600

surgical mask for G3F by guy91600

surgical mask and cap (smart props) by Anthony Appleyard

THE MK MASK

THE MASK BOT

:coding:

Terre

Renowned
Happy Joe, Happy Skylab.... Great news! Given the way things have worked out in the past I think you are right and creativity will resurface as you are able to wind down and relax.