• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
preppers.jpg

Got idea from a meme on FB.

Uploaded the tub of litter to Renderosity as a freebie: Kitty Litter with free catnip mouse

I forgot to uncheck smooth polygons on it so if it blows up just go to properties and untick smooth polygons.

Last edited:

Terre

Renowned
Like an increasing number of businesses around the country all of the stores owned by the guy who owns the one I work at are opening at 6am for elderly instead of 7 and asking that other customers wait until 8 to start coming in. Part of what my boss is going to do when our deliveries arrive late today (normally we get a delivery at 5am) is set aside half of the TP and some other things to be stocked early tomorrow morning. He may include eggs depending on how much we get. We'll see exactly what needs to be done. We're also looking at increasing the number of days we do home deliveries.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Do elderly really get up and out-and-about that early in the morning? I don't think I could be out of bed 6:00 am, never mind already out and at the market! :oops:

Terre

Renowned
We had quite a few today. A lot more than yesterday. A few had younger relatives helping them. So far things are going pretty smoothly. I ended up helping one lady do most of her shopping. She couldn't be part of our deliveries as she lives in a town several miles south and we have to limit this to in town.

skylab

Esteemed
We've been on lockdown for a week to protect the residents in the retirement community. Fortunately we have a small grocery store here, plus other things that are needed to do business, so mostly it's just a continuation of how I've always lived, but without the freedom to go out by car just yet. I keep in touch with folks by email and phone calls, as always. One surprise benefit has been, getting out of the cold, damp environment (in the winter months) that I had been in has elminated the pain in my hands entirely...so I gave my modeling clay and play doh to a friend's kids, and I was able to set up my Yamaha keyboard in the apartment in order to play again...so practicing scales will be my "finger exercises"...it's been wonderful being able to play again :) It's nice to be able to relax with it since I was truly exhausted after the move, and am still recovering lost sleep. Aches, strained muscles and pains are healing up nicely so it won't be long before I'm back to "normal". Lockdown is just proving to be a time of much needed rest for me...but I have seen on the news where measures taken to control the spread of the virus have been costly and quite inconvenient for some people.

PSALM 91
:angel: