• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Some people aren't having problems with Win 10 and other are having major ones.MS wanting a single OS for everything is a big part of the problem and will stay that way unless they change their minds.

skylab

Esteemed
I think it was Dani that asked me about the ability to import from Poser to iClone...and at the time she asked the question, I was not altogether sure, and thought that it had to be passed through DAZ Studio in order to work. However, I found this information on the Reallusion Forum, how to get M4-V4, or M3-V3 from Poser to iClone, in this thread Export Characters from Poser to Character Creator. In order to import Hivewire characters, apparently it does require DAZ Studio as a utility, according to this information:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yeah, it really catches one in a bind, when forced to take the updates. If I'm understanding it correctly, you can only postpone it so long. I'm still searching for an opt out, but I don't think there is one. It's the most ridiculous situation, and such a shame. I was getting along fine with it, and had made the transition, only to discover there are yet more land mines to navigate.

:bee:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm one that hasn't had a problem with the updates, I guess. I wonder, do you have the Pro version, or the Home version? There may be a difference there. I have the Pro version. I've always had Windows xxx Pro since they started producing a Pro version. cost a little more, but I've always found it better, or more stable, or something preferable to the Home version. Just my $.02 (and we know what $.02 is worth these days)

Dana

Linda B

Extraordinary
I haven't had Win10 problems on the pc or my laptop, but hubby's CANNOT update for some reason. So at least no new updates for him. :D

skylab

Esteemed
I read somewhere what the reason is for that...but I guess you could consider it a blessing if it can't update....haha :) I wish I could just permanently turn updates off on mine, after losing one drive to it. But all I've read so far is it can only be postponed for about a month or so...and that month will be up in 10 or 11 days. So I'm backing everything up, in case there are problems.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I've read where newer versions of Windows 10 have a service running in the background that prevents halting updates, but I just found a utility that is similar to what I used when Windows 10 first tried to take over Windows 7 computers. I'm trying it, and I also did a couple of things manually that were mentioned in the second link. I'm posting this here in case anyone else has problems with either the huge size of updates, or concerns about drive failure. Maybe now I won't have to sit idly by while my workstation is destroyed in about 10 days. At least it's worth trying.

FREE UTILITY - STOPUPDATES10

11 WAYS TO DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE - UPDATED MARCH 2019

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a YouTube of what the StopUpdates10 utility looks like, very simple interface....and he does recommend checking for updates to the utility occasionally in case Microsoft ever tries to override the block. When researching how to stop Windows updates, make sure that you're viewing current information....anything older than March 2019 may have changed.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Nice, restful day here. Just had to try one more iClone scene. The lighting is wrong, of course, since I have no idea what I'm doing yet...but it's encouraging that this intricately detailed .obj that Forester created converted to iClone format with no problem, and Maya mats read more accurately than in Poser.