• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Makes me wonder if shaders can be mixed....that is....you can get the benefit of the multi-color, and yet tone down the reflective shine part....which ended up being what happened with Whoopi.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
I started doing this, in order to trace things back to their origin....I try to do a search with Filter by Content unchecked, find the name of the content, then try to trace it back by way of the DIM, by looking in the install files, and there's a feature there that will show the file path....this helps especially with tracking textures.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
This was rendering while I was resting :)

XMAS-TREE-2019-iray.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Now if we could get Baby Yoda rigged....BY with tiny light saber! Awwww!!! :squee:

If you hear a thud, it's me. Took a benedryl and nap wasn't long enough for it to wear off.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh....haha.....let's not hit the floor....but I do know the feeling :)

We should at least be able to manage a still shot of Baby Yoda with a glowing saber....will do our best.

I didn't have any sci-fi outfits...so I tracked down something for G3M, and am tweaking things to prepare for an animation. The light saber part will be completely new territory...but when has that ever stopped us from trying :)

I'll send you an email with info about what I've done so far.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
That's what I was looking for....a SW type of thing. I found some things....one wishlisted for later....wanted time to look around first, to see what's out there.

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Frosty needs an ice cube for his mug!

Hey, thanks for those lnks....I can pour over those and see if there's anything there that can be used. I know there's older stuff for Poser, but I was wondering what's out there for Studio iray now....so this will give me something to pursue :)

:shineon: