• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Oh yes, the classic poker pic with the dogs but with underwater figures! Would be hysterical.

PP & Marcie up tonight. Having trouble finding a bun hair I like for Violet. None of the ones I have come with bangs. She may have to be bangles or I'll use another banged hair and try to hide everything but the bangs with scaling dials.

Linda B

Extraordinary
I couldn't resist getting her.

Fehn.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Haha! There they are...little Marcie and Peppermint Patty! Wonderful :)

Good job on Violet too...her hair is especially well done......alll of them are, incredible work!

:snoopydances:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Thank you very much.

New Colonel Troutman. Found the scale textures. Found that I had some eye textures that work with G2. Not sure if they were a G2F tex or some other figure. Scaled the complete eyeball to make pupil larger. Hid the teeth and fiddled with dials to get the mouth closed. Now he looks like a trout (use your imagination!)
Troutman New.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Ah...so it worked....yay! I found out what the mysterious improvement was in my smart content....something I may have clicked by mistake, not sure....but at the bottom of the smart content there's an option to Filter by Content....when that box is checked, it goes back to the familiar appearance of the content menu....and unchecking the box it gives me everything. It was seeing everything that was new to me, and was helping me find things, especially shaders....so I guess that's how I even found the scales in the first place.

filter-by-content.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'll have to fiddle with the render settings on Whoopi Fehn...the shader that I used on the dress is supposed to have a moderately shiny metallic appearance...but it comes across as having metal flake appearance instead of smooth.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I was fascinated with the shiny, almost rainbow, effect, and thought it would be at least cool to try.

Maybe Fehn's dress is retaining it's fabric settings even though I'm applying the shiny shaders. I was sorta going for an outrageous appearance, just to shock you...haha....but it flopped :)

:drawing: