• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
hi Terre!

I noticed when using Dog 8 if you move it certain direction, the legs drag. Moved it Y and the legs dangled. :rofl:

skylab

Esteemed
You also have to make sure you uncheck kinematics on the legs of some characters, and you have to do it in a certain order....uncheck enable pins first, then uncheck enable IK (under Edit -> Figure -> Inverse Kinematics). When it's enabled, it can cause the legs to do wonky things if you start moving the figure around....so I always turn it off when doing complex movements.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I had some problems when I first started using Studio...since I do so much posing....and played with the settings to figure it out.

Here's a work in progress with the hijacked mail truck...figured I'd better use the Genesis 3 duck because of not being able to do iray on the mail truck. He's at least got a missile launcher mounted on the roof....haha.

TURKEY ASSAULT MAIL TRUCK.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone :)

Got of Studio newbie question....what does it mean when materials say "MDL" and "RSL" ? I'm setting up some of my new characters so that I can get familiar with my new "tools". I had all my Poser stuff memorized, I had used them so long....but now I'm learning what works with iray and what works with 3Delight.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Linda :) I guessed right then. Some of the older characters have options for both, and I was getting confused :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Finally looked at that spot on the truck. I think it's a flipped normal. Using Uber shader on it seems to help a little.
Image1.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Nice holiday render by the fireplace :)

Yes, I found two different problem areas, and another minor area, marked below on sample renders. The iray is not completed, but was enough to show the black square between the driver door and the front hood. Then, when rendering in 3delight, I agree, it acted like what I've seen when things are flipped....at the back of the van....and also along the side trim, but that's the area that's not as bad. I'm surprised this got past QA...but it might be because it's an older model.

mail-truck-iray.jpg

mail-truck-3delight.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
On both 3delight and iray there is supposed to be a sign there I think. Something's not working right.

edit: not I'm wrong. No sign there.

2nd edit: it's something to do with the trans map. When I removed it,, the black spot went away in iray.

Last edited: