• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Janet does excellent animations...she is to animations what you are to post worked renders. Sometimes she asks my help to test the movements before she submits them to the store. I think I'll be doing some tests on Doc Pitterbill animations soon :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, there was an article released recently by Rendo indicating their future plans for Poser...it's nice to have folks speaking highly of Poser again, and apparently Rendo has had a long history with it. When the sale of Poser was first announced, I didn't know how to react, but it's sounding like a good thing so far. I remember when Smith-Micro bought Poser from e-Frontier....it lit up the forums for quite awhile, as it always does. Thankfully, I think things are beginning to settle down now....had to speak shalom over it...haha.

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
I need to retrieve the Hivewire Lion scene files from the archive and render them full size...sometimes I loose track of the full size image, since I used to only post reduced renders...but recently I've started using the larger images. I realized that I was losing the appearance of the eyes especially if I reduced them. The appearance of the eyes is always important to me when doing expressions or renders.

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
This is totally off of the subject that we were talking about, but I ran across a test render for it in the archive just now...and I notice that this is on sale at Rendo now....it's called The Big Blue...and it has a Red Sea crossing option...look through the promos and you'll see it...I think it's the fifth one over :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Geez...I'm like a little kid pulling things out of the toy box...haha....but this is easier shown than explained...it's a freebie that's called Q-Bee...and it turns any character into a bee, by parented props to the hip, back and head :) I used Poser's Andy to demonstrate it...when I found it, I thought it might be useful for the Hive :)

ANDY-BEE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
We're taking another turn now....I'm seeing this stuff in the archive while I'm searching for the lion. These were done when I was experimenting with creating angels with flaming swords...with Dusk and Dawn.

ANGEL-FLAMING-SWORD.jpg

DAWN-ANGEL-ANIMATION-NOV2018.gif

skylab

Esteemed
I still don't see the lion files...I'll check again later. I'll finish up with this. I modeled several biblical houses back around 2010 for my friend Sarah to use in her animated movies. Putting them on ShareCG was the only way that I had of getting them to her, but decided to leave them there when others started downloading them. They were created brick by brick, like Legos....haha....and the materials are dated now...but I started replacing the mats with D3D Superfly mats, and thought that it would work. It would take a world of patience to do them all, like putting together a puzzle, but here's a render demonstrating the difference...the light color being the original, and the darker being the superfly mat.

BIBLICAL HOUSE MODELS - COMPLETE COLLECTION

biblical-house-p11-d3d-mat.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
All these beautiful renders this morning!

Those drapes remind me of a freebie I had once. Ahh the loss of so many files. :tantrum:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I thought it was from sharecg, but I haven't been able to find them so far.

Hope you're enjoying the morning.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes, I just finished my breakfast and took my meds for the day :) I'll look around on ShareCG and see if I find any drapes.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, there you go....you found it :) There were only two pages to search at ShareCG so that was over pretty quick, so I just switched to Rendo. Glad you found it :) And everyone else can get the benefit of the freebie too.

skylab

Esteemed
See you later Linda. I'm putting some links here to commercial products on Rendo for promo drapes....for you to view later :)