• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Seliah, it sounds like you had a much worse relative of what happened when my husband tries D/S many years ago. In his case there wasn't any damage the program just would not run. It turned out to have a dll conflict with a legacy program he needs.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone...I'm awake and vertical again, it just took a little yTran and zTran toward the kitchen :) Making dinner and checking out how many DS downloads were successful during my rest.

Seliah, glad the freebie Dusk skin may help...I agree, there always needs to be freebie support at first until people decide to commit. It's just always worked that way.

Hi Miss B, hey Terre :)

skylab

Esteemed
Am sorting out what to do in case DS poses are successful...I thought it best not to mix anything new with my Poser work, it gets too confusing for people. So, there will be two ShareCG pages for me now....

...for the Poser work:
skylab's Gallery

...and for the DS work:
skylab3D's Gallery

My original account is bursting at the seams now. Had no idea when I first started doing this that it would continue beyond toons...I learned from that experience, so may as well prepare for it :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ShareCG does have a category for DS items, separate from the one for Poser. I know my own ShareCG account does have a mixture of DS and Poser items in it, but then people are used to seeing a mixture come from me, so I think they are probably more likely to check the program it's for, than they would for a creator that's historically only submitted content for one or the other.

I am writing up the quick how-to on the poses for you now, Sky. I'll tag you once I've got it done. I'm going to put it in the DS part of the forum here, because there might be other folks who could benefit from it as well, and it's easier for those types of people to find it in it's own thread, rather than digging through 30+ pages of another big thread.

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, indeed. I certainly don't mind you posting it here, as we've typically had how to's intermingled with chat....but I can see where it would be easier for others to find it in a DS section here. I appreciate your taking time to write up the how to for DS poses :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always check to see if the title has the software mentioned, and if not, I always read the "notes", so I wouldn't be confused, but there are those who are probably used to seeing them separated, so it will be easier for them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, indeed. I certainly don't mind you posting it here, as we've typically had how to's intermingled with chat....but I can see where it would be easier for others to find it in a DS section here. I appreciate your taking time to write up the how to for DS poses :)
Seliah could always post here with a link to the info in the DS forum. That way folks looking here first won't miss out.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Seliah could always post here with a link to the info in the DS forum. That way folks looking here first won't miss out.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I can sure do that. Or I can just post it here and then cross-post it over to the software forum, too. That way I wouldn't have to annoy you, Sky, with tagging your name and splitting you off of your home thread, too. :)

skylab

Esteemed
It's fine to post the actual tutorial here, it's certainly welcome. I encourage teaching here, and folks are accustomed to checking this thread to see "what's new"....so go ahead and cross post...we like stuff like that here :)

skylab

Esteemed
I've always had problems separating chat from work that I'm doing, and I finally decided that I just can't...it's awkward, and puts everyone in a bind wondering if it's okay to do this or that....after much thought, I felt it best to just have the free stuff thread at RDNA where they seem to be more "all business", and have the chat thread here where we can relax...work when we're working, and play when we're playing, and not worry about it....it's much easier for me that way...it's impossible for me not to joke around and such when I'm working....just wired that way.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, that's not a bad idea. I can sure do that. Or I can just post it here and then cross-post it over to the software forum, too. That way I wouldn't have to annoy you, Sky, with tagging your name and splitting you off of your home thread, too. :)
That'll work. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I've tweaked my DS runtime, backed everything up, and have gotten as far as installing DS 4.9. It's saying I have the option to connect offline, and do manual installs, which right now isn't necessary since I took care of all of that before installing 4.9. However, it directed me to download two files...one is a ----.sea file, the other is a -------.sep file, and so far I'm not seeing what I'm supposed to do with them. I've entered my serial, and that's confirmed valid, but it's not making "connection"...here's the connection error box:

error.jpg

I closed security and firewall, but still getting this error...so if anyone knows what I'm supposed to do with the .sea and .sep files, jump right in, I'm all ears...haha.

I'll go offline for awhile and rest for a bit, and come back on later. Thanks for any suggestion that can be given.

Later... :sleep:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Rest easy Sky. I don't have the latest DS, so can't help you with those files.

skylab

Esteemed
I know you're a Poser user Miss B :) I'm on the laptop now, and thought I would add, DS 4.9 left version 4.6 alone, it still opens and the library looks to be intact, it just upgraded 4.7 to 4.9 during the installation from the install manager. In fact, I have DS 3 and a vintage copy of DS 1.4 still on my workstation.

ds icons.jpg

If nobody knows the answer to the connection issue, or what to do with the offline authorization files, I may have to check DAZ forum for the info. I'll need some rest before I can do much more reading.

Have a good evening Miss B :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since you do have 4.6 already, you most likely already have this - but DO you have a working Content Management Service (the CMS) running on your computer? It looks, by that error message, to me like it's searching for the CMS and not finding it on your system.

Beyond that - which I admit is just me making a guess based on the text of the error window - I'm not too sure and can't help with the 4.9 installation yet, because I am waiting until I have my Nataani DS promos done before I start messing about with things like updating Studio...

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Seliah...I figured you were down for now where upgrading an installation was concerned. If it helps any, I do use the download manager. Is that the same thing as CMS? If so, maybe it's looking for an updated version? Thought I'd search around this morning on the DAZ forum to get an understanding of what it's searching for. I would suspect it's also what searches the drive and finds already existing runtimes. All other versions of DS have done that automatically, so this is the first time I've encountered this type of prompt.

I checked the system requirements for Lola's Dyn plug-in, and it says DS 4, so it will run on 4.6, or if I can get 4.7 back on the drive.