• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
My slow computer is a factor too...haha. It will probably be like the Blender cycles renders that took almost 24 hours.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh, OK. Yes I'm sure mine would render faster if I had more RAM. Also, I only have a CPU on this puppy, so it's faster than if I also had a GPU to render with.

skylab

Esteemed
Yep, my rendering "puppy" would unfortunately be considered a "mutt"....haha. But it eventually gets the job done. That's why I can't make the swing into iClone 7 and all the cutting edge bells and whistles. I'll have to be content to cheer others on, and do the best I can with what I have now :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Miss B... I found and changed the mats to Superfly, and used 30 as the sample setting, and have set it to render the movie animation overnight on my other workstation. We'll see how it turns out :) Thanks for your help. I chose this project because I thought it would be a cool addition to my Nursoda "village", and I thought the bees added a nice forum touch, and finally, the Gazebo happens to be on half price sale until the 30th. I chose the elevated option also. October sales are also my "Merry Christmas" to favorite vendors :)

Superfly lamp kit for HiveWire Fantasy Gazebo

Hivewire Fantasy Gazebo

And meanwhile, I'll set up the Viper spaceship to render on my main workstation...surely we'll be getting animated fire soon :)

Superfly pack for Viper MkII

Viper MkII

IDL light kit for Viper MkII (for those who don't have Poser 11)

:coding:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have the Fantasy Gazebo as well. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

skylab

Esteemed
If I'm understanding it correctly, Superfly rendering is closely akin to Blender cycles...am I right? So investing some time learning the process for one would help in understanding the other a little better. At least that's what I'm aiming for. I'd never be able to do huge complicated scenes on a small computer, but I could do simple scenes. If anyone is following along and interested in learning the basics, they will have this information and links to help them get started.

:bee:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, SuperFly in o/PP11 is based on Blender's Cycles render engine, but there are some differences in setups that don't automatically transfer from one to the other. Still understanding one does help in understanding the other.

I don't use the Cycles render engine much, mostly because I don't, as a rule, render whole scenes in Blender. I just do quick renders of whatever I'm modeling. That said, I am looking forward to trying out the new EEVEE render engine when the full release of Blender 2.8 comes out in a couple of months.

Oh and as far as Blender links go, I've got a long ever growing list here in our Blender forum.

Terre

Renowned
I'm looking forward to seeing what you get done as well, Sky. It's interesting watching you go through the steps. :)

skylab

Esteemed
The superfly render of the gazebo with animated flames took 24 hours to render 4 frames, so I did the sensible thing and cancelled the render. Today I'm allowing the Viper spaceship to render, limiting it to 14 frames, rendering every other frame, so we'll see how long it takes to render seven frames. I'm certainly having problems seeing procedural and superfly mats as a time saving method in workflow. It's beginning to look more like a reason to buy into the idea of bigger, better hard drives, and software that requires them, keeping the bigger, better cash flow rolling.

On another, much simpler note, my brother recently brought me some art work that he found at our old home place, paintings that were done while I was recovering from back surgery. So here you go, some Peanuts stuff done in acrylic (which was harder to do, or should I say more awkward to do, than pen and ink toons, along with a painting of a bottle that was an effort to learn how to do glass...not bad considering I was still a teenager at the time, and struggling a little with post surgery recovery. I thought it was interesting that these came back home to me since I've been strolling down memory lane lately.

Have a good day everyone. I'm making today a rest day :)

Peanuts--Painting--600x429.jpg

CB--painting--400x485.jpg

wine--bottle--painting-300x496.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...received your email, and sent you a response. Turns out I have to run an errand for my family in the morning, so will tackle the product testing tomorrow evening when things settle down. That's one reason I chose to rest today...wasn't sure if I'd be needing it for tomorrow. So, I'll jump on the 3D work tomorrow evening :) Have a good night everyone :sleep:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I went out to do my weekly shopping earlier, and the supermarket was more crowded than usual. We're expecting snow all day tomorrow, so I think folks were just stocking up . . . just in case.

Terre

Renowned
Boy am I all too familiar with that.
When people around here think the weather will get worse they all seem to flock to the grocery store. Including in the middle of a thunderstorm with driving rain.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone...now you know what my morning was like. Once the forecast is anything but sunshine, the grocery store stampede begins. I call it the local winter olympics...haha. A loaf of bread doesn't have a chance...they will snatch every crumb o_O