• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
The drive was part of what got replaced when the computer was upgraded. The tech did a mirror of the old drive so I'm not sure if I need to reactivate it or could just open with no problem. Eventually I'll decide to find out.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, our flip phones are our phones now. The land line is just a backup and for things like our fax if we need to get something at home.. All calls are made with the cells. All internet stuff is done from our computers.
Well, I still use my home phone, but only for personal stuff like making doctor appointments, etc. I also use my home phone number on sites where I don't want to be bothered with any marketing phone calls from sites, because that just annoys me. My old home phone was attached to an answering machine, and my current home phone has an "answering device" built in, so I let it ring if I don't recognize the caller. I only pick up that one if it's a friend, neighbor or family member.

Terre

Renowned
That is annoying, yes. We stopped using our land line for phone calls because a con artist in town took advantage of how the phone is listed to falsely give out our number and address as his believably.

skylab

Esteemed
CB is taking a stroll beside Lisa's tree...he needs a friend with a blanket, and a little black and white beagle with him. Sometimes our dreams involve speaking things into being :)

CB WITH TREE.jpg

QUICK LINK BACK TO BLENDER INFO

:snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed
This morning I was pondering how to go about creating a character of me to relate to CB's world...Endora probably comes closer than any existing character (lots of long dark hair)..or maybe Marcie with the glasses. Later while surfing I stumbled upon the PeanutizeMe.com website....where you can create a character of yourself...what timing :) I still think Endora's hair fits better...the peanutized character needs just a few gray streaks, and a cane. Anyway, here is the 3D result of a peanutized Sky :) By the way, they also have an option to create a Snoopytizer character of your pet :)

SKY-PEANUTIZE.jpg

:snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Haha I just made a Snoopy character.

There's a new Peanuts movie? Weird. I though Charles Schultz had some clause that no one could create for Peanuts after he died.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) You could make yourself an avatar :) It's free, and they give you a chance to download what you create to use as avatars or desktop wallpaper. I was making one for a friend of mine, and realized they had another choice of long hair...so this might be even closer to being me, more like the Endora and Marcie characters :)

SKY--AVATAR--2--600x600.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
His family was involved in production of the Peanuts 3D movie...that was the only reason that they could do it. They had to stay strictly to Charles Schulz' style and content...that's why the movie appeared so authentic...they couldn't get off track with any dark content.

It is true that there can't be another Peanuts strip. He wanted it to remain as it was.

The PeanutizeMe.com site was created as a promotional right before the movie was released apparently, to encourage folks to see the movie. I just happened to stumble upon it this morning :) I googled to make sure, and there was a Time magazine article about it, and wiki info, so apparently it's true.

:snoopydance:

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Unique Blender animation project using this free Slinky model :)
OMG, does that ever bring back memories! Slinkies were my fave toy when I was a kid, and even through High School. If my mom couldn't find me in the apartment, she usually found me out in the hall playing with my Slinkies on the stairs. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I went through several of them, because I never failed to get them knotted up. ~lol~

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Hey Stezza, next time you swing through, I'd love to know where you got the "blue fish" in your "CP is Closing" render. I found a clown fish in the BlendSwap models. I would have asked in that thread, but it looks like things are heading toward a hissy fit...haha. I'll search to see if I can find the "blue fish", but thought I would ask, in case you swing through again :)

:bee:

took me a few days to swing by.. and in that time you found out lol

yep.. modelled in Carrara as are all of the models in that Wacky thread..

If you would like any of them models just ask.. they are not of high quality as I'm not a modeller.. just a wacky amateur enjoying it all.. in Carrara :thankyou: :flower02: