• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre and Miss B :) Hope Wayii will come on over and join in the fun here on the forum...would love to see her, and maybe we could cheer things up for her. I know the feeling...while I was out with health issues, things were not so cheerful...and it's so good now to be out from under that, and not stuck in bed all the time.

Here's Wayii's latest texture work:

FOLPERT-WAYII SKIN-375x562.jpg
FOLDE-WAYII SKIN - 350x562.jpg

FOLKA-WAYII SKIN-442x562.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Took time to check all the links on my Freeware Links page to make sure they were all still functional, so here's a link to that page, which has all the freeware software that I have used for years.

SKYLAB 3D LINKS

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) If I remember correctly, Wayii did the textures on Fon's shirt :)

I'll be taking a break from playing for the next few days in order to get some real life stuff done. I'll still check in and say hi but won't be as active online. Hopefully I can resume to normal by the weekend. I've finally gotten a new large external archive, and need to back up my stuff. The old stuff was safely tucked away on a 4TB Seagate, but updates from 2016 until the present were scattered on smaller portable drives, so locating stuff was not easy. Now I can organize the more recent stuff on a decent backup drive...but it does require my attention in order to not mess anything up.

...and more playing with video effects, reduced from a large 300 frame .avi movie :)

SKYLAB - THE GLOBAL MISSION 3c.gif

Terre

Renowned
I hope all goes well ma'am.

Had an amusing coincidence yesterday. The friend who's doing some landscape work for us asked if he could put in some flowering plants to add color. Right then is when my nose decided it was time to complain about the pollen levels in the air. I didn't even need to tell him "Sorry but I don't think that will work." as he quickly remembered my allergy problems. I did tell him that I've had clinical allergy testing and I have problems every time of the year that there is pollen in the air. I don't have seasonal hayfever. I have a season (winter) when there isn't pollen bothering me. Just dust and other airborne things.
As to "what is blooming in our front yard this time of year?" Desert Bird of Paradise. PlantFiles: Desert Bird of Paradise, Yellow Bird of Paradise

skylab

Esteemed
Quick test on a snowman model that I created in Anim8or (or Hexagon) and assembled in Poser. The mesh is dense enough to tolerate bends and twists very well. I have a feeling that low poly models break during rig posing partly for this reason. I tried rigging this in the setup room, using the bone method, rather than the UV Mapper and PHI Builder method. Here's the animation of the snowman looking himself over as he is coming to life :)

I used the method described in my beginner setup room PDF tutorial at the link below. I created this years ago as a way to show users how to get simple movements in props, and was not intended to be a full rigging tutorial. The tutorial was using my models of CHOCS, for chocolate lovers :)

Snowman2018-rig-ani.gif

snowman--wire.jpg

SNOWMAN MODEL

POSER SETUP ROOM RIGGING TUTORIAL

CHOCS

chocs-promo.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I just discovered that an old flash program that I used years ago is still around, and the software's capabilities have been expanded to more than flash animation. KoolMoves will now import animated .gif, .swf, .flv, .mp4, .mov, and 3D objects in .3ds and .obj formats. It will export in .swf, and animated .gif, and in movie formats .avi and .mp4. This means all the experience I had with animated text won't be lost :) KoolMoves registration has been reduced to a very reasonable price, but I'm not sure for how long. It's supposed to work on Windows 7, 8 and 10.

:wow:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yes, going very well. I've been searching animation software and found more good options. I never realized that GIMP would do basic animation, and, in addition to Kool Moves, there are two more freeware animation programs that are more like Anime Studio, called Synfig and Tupi. Each have an abundance of tutorials on YouTube.

SYNFIG

TUPI

KOOL MOVES

GIMP

skylab

Esteemed
Our internet connection has been in and out since yesterday, so I may only be online briefly until things become more stable. I'll use the time to catch some long naps, so everyone have a good evening :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone...just stopping by briefly. I did see the announcement that CP is shutting down in November, so I'm posting this tip that I saw recently, while it can still be downloaded from CP. It's probably one of those "new to me, but Miss B already knows about it from last year" deals...haha. It's a free utility that apparently makes clothes fitting easier. I'll just post the CP link, and then the link to the long version explanation on Sway. Apparently it's similar to XD, and they mention they will be working on a better conversion of shoes, which I remember Terre mentioned being an issue not long ago. Anyway, for what it's worth, here's the info and download...before CP shuts down.

PREFITTER CR2

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I grabbed Prefitter CR2 a while back, but haven't had a chance to play with it . . . yet. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Hurricane Florence has finally made landfall at 100 mph, and awhile ago I saw on the Weather Channel where they had just lost power in some of the impact areas. They are getting pounded tonight, but not as badly as if it had remained a Cat 4, and certainly not as bad as if the storm had followed along the east coast, gaining its strength from the warm water.

Couldn't help but remember this render that I did of Sarah when Hurricane Fay hit in 2008 which brought a lot of flooding. When I emailed her to find if she was doing okay, she was unaware that there had been flooding, she was so captivated with learning Poser, and collecting downloads for her projects. So, I did this two-step render as a joke for her...that is, I rendered the raft in Vue in order to get a well defined boat shadow on the water, then I imported the Vue render into Poser, and positioned the same raft "on top of" the Vue raft, and used Miki to create Sarah, floating along without a care in the world. Here's the original Vue render, if you'd like to try a similar project :)

raft3.jpg

fay-raft.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Very funny image!

I'm so glad Florence has calmed down.

I always wondered when they would name a hurricane Janet. Well they did! It was a category 5 in 1955.