• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Maja

Eager
That's why I prefer dynamic skirts.
Faltenrock-dynamisch-small.png Faltenrock-conforming-small.png

Maja

Eager
Hi Sky, glad to see you drop in. Things are taking their course and I try to make the best of it. I hope you all are doing well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Sky, good to see you.

Flash has been on the way out for a while now. My browsers haven't accepted it since I got this laptop 4 1/2 years ago, and at least one site I visit several times a year has already let it's customers know all the Flash videos on their site are being replaced with non-Flash versions.

Needless to say, it's been difficult for me to watch videos on YouTube, unless I download them and convert them for viewing with Windows Movie Player.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone :) Yes, YouTube is the first thing I thought about...perhaps they may go with MP4 conversion. I also wonder how it will affect the small game market that has become so flash dependent. Anyway, if they are phasing out flash in 2020, at least it will give folks some time to make adjustments. Most of my animations were posted as .gif or .wmv, but a few flash are out there that would need to be converted.

My favorite animations have always been Warner Brothers (Bugs Bunny, etc)...their frame by frame realistic movements have never been equaled, and Mel Blanc is my favorite character voice. There's a video on YouTube about his life, worth seeing, especially the account of how he got well after a near fatal car accident...most of his bones were broken, and he was unable to respond. The doctor got an idea to try calling out "Bugs Bunny, are you there?"...and Mel responded with "what's up doc?" After running down the list of characters, and getting a response, soon Mel was on the road to recovery. The video is here, and the account of his accident is at about 41 minutes into the video:

MEL BLANC, MAN OF A THOUSAND VOICES

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, quite a few I've downloaded have been in MP4 format, and those I can watch with the WMP without conversion, but I can't watch them online because YouTube somehow employs Flash on their site to watch the videos, even if not in FLV format. I'm sure, considering how large an audience they have, they're in the process of updating all of the site's requirements as far as viewing videos directly on their site. Hopefully, it won't take them too long to get the conversion accomplished.