• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show us your Mule Deer Renders!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The marvelous spotted coat of the Falow Deer inspired me to do this picture. It is a mix of the deer & the adorable Whisper! I further enlarged the eyes, reduced the scale of the muzzle & made the legs more delicate. I am very pleased with the fantasy creature that resulted.

Credits:

CWRW Fallow Deer by CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Mule Deer by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D (also available at Renderosity)
HiveWire Antler Pack by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Whisper by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Regal Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Cherry Tree by Lisa Botanicals at HiveWire 3D
FantaStar by Lisa Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Flinks Instant Meadow 2 - Flowers by Flink at Renderosity
Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity
Angelic Backgrounds by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity

Curious Encounter
Curious Encounter.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Flint Hawk, this is a great image. I love this delicate new creature you've created. What a beauty!

Me195

Extraordinary
Silly or not Me, that's a damn nice render. ;)
Thank you Miss B. I learned a lot with this one.
:laugh: seems a funny story LOL!
It was hilarious at the time for me because I didn't lose my clothes, but about ten people did. This was the legendary part where Alpesh and Latisha ran down the deer and nearly got everybody's clothes back. Fortunately I wasn't there for that part. I arrived afterwards to help retrieve the clothes.
She may be laughing, until she realizes the deer ate her top! :laugh:

Dana
She's in the same boat. Her top and bottom are hung up on the deer's left antler. Sometimes there's nothing you can do but laugh.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
The marvelous spotted coat of the Falow Deer inspired me to do this picture. It is a mix of the deer & the adorable Whisper! I further enlarged the eyes, reduced the scale of the muzzle & made the legs more delicate. I am very pleased with the fantasy creature that resulted.

Credits:

CWRW Fallow Deer by CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Mule Deer by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D (also available at Renderosity)
HiveWire Antler Pack by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Whisper by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Regal Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Cherry Tree by Lisa Botanicals at HiveWire 3D
FantaStar by Lisa Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Flinks Instant Meadow 2 - Flowers by Flink at Renderosity
Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity
Angelic Backgrounds by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity

Curious Encounter
View attachment 46957
Bambi!!! SO cute!! Excellent image Flint!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So that's what happened to them.......... LOL! Well, I do suppose there arn't many fig leaves laying around in the forest. Great image and for sure a good chuckle!! =)

Me195

Extraordinary
oh! i had not seen the image complete till now lol!
now i see her too!
:laugh::laugh::roflmao:
I'm Glad you like it.
Thank you for your comments!

What a strange thing to have happen Me195.
You're welcome. Their clothes were actually on a makeshift clothesline on the edge of the mini-lake. The spooked Buck ran through it and the line was wrapped up in his antlers as he took off. Not that it makes it any less strange. Speaking of strange, I forgot to comment on your render. It's a fantastic render.

So that's what happened to them.......... LOL! Well, I do suppose there arn't many fig leaves laying around in the forest. Great image and for sure a good chuckle!! =)
There were a ton of fan palms once you got into the forest a few feet. One creative lad made a pair of palm shorts. He hiked back to the cabin to get the rest of us to help look for the missing clothes. However he paid for it because he was covered in ticks. That part wasn't funny at the time until it was over and we knew he was ok. 23 years later he even thinks it was funny. Thank you. I'm always glad to hear one of my renders is good for a laugh.

Did you update it? I didn't notice that first time I looked at it.

Dana
No, it's just really hard to see. When I was rendering it I thought there was a problem with the shader at first because I couldn't see it, but it turned out it was there all along.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Still working on the hussar saddle and thought I'd try a proper morph to adjust saddle and bridle to the deer. Turns out the reins got terribly distorted and I had to find a way to correct that. Finally deleted the reins from the bridle as I'd never been too happy with them and then added them as a separate object. That way it is easy to turn individual sets on or off... and they pose much better too now. Has the added benefit, that the bridle can now be fitted to the horse, and follows different horse shapes (with different degrees of distortion however)

So here is a deer rider encountering a proper cavallerist... and the horse isn't having any of it.
Salut.jpg

L'Adair

Enthusiast
That's the beauty of them being separate from the animal (would like it if they came as separate left and right rather than the pair, they single one on the side I had to place so far over so the other one didn't show)
I know nothing about Poser, but in Daz Studio, you can use the Geometry Editor to separate the material zones into left and right. Then set the one you don't want in the image to zero opacity. Alternately, you can delete the polygons with the Geometry Editor. Just save the scene immediately before deleting. This is one of the actions I use that occasionally causes DS to crash.

ETA: for some reason, I wasn't seeing any new posts, so I didn't see there were a couple pages of comments past the one I quoted that discussed this. It's still good info, though. I find it easiest to just select what I want to hide with the Geometry Editor Tool. I can then create a new material zone or Selection Set without doing something I can't undo.

Last edited: