• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show us your Mule Deer Renders!

My first render with the Mule Deer :)

The hunter

thehunter20201010.jpg

Szark

Awesome
Trees and everything forward those are all props, background 16K HDRI with the render settings for the quality of the light set to 2048 (I think default is 512)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, and I'm assuming it's a HDRi for use specifically with DS, not Poser.

Szark

Awesome
Nope HDRI Haven. I don't go anywhere else for HDRI's these days. I am assuming Poser isn't stuck in the Spherical IBL days.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh great, I go there too. I like that site, as they have a great selection. One of my fave goodies for Poser is Snarly Gribbly's EZDome, which uses two of Bagginsbill's EnvSphere, and Snarly did a real nice job of making the setting up of a HDRi fairly easy. He has a tutorial that shows you step by step how to do it. Unfortunately, with the new Poser 12, they've updated their Python scripting to a newer version, so I have no idea if any of my script goodies are going to work anymore. ~shrugs~

Szark

Awesome
I don't have a fav but for this image I used whipple_creek_regional_park_04_16k. Yeah he is very good and now makes a little money from it too.

That's the only trouble with add-ons etc. I like how DS has it's own hair, for Iray and 3DL and not having to rely on an external developer.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I would like one day to learn how to use Poser's Hair Room, but for now it's just not in my workflow. These day's I spend more time in Blender than Poser, but I haven't conquered Blender's Hair either. I'm just happy at this point I can use Cycles (Blender) and Superfly (Poser). It took me quite a while to get used to them, but I'm a lot more comfortable with them now.

Ohhhh, I just checked my collection from HDRi Haven, and I have that HDRi. Now I'm definitely going to have to play with it. ;)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
here we go final render. All deer and antler maps heavily adjusted to get the look I wanted. Push the GPU to the limit, just under 11gb of VRAM 2 hours to render. No postwork. All Iray.

This is epic. Beautiful render.

Szark

Awesome
nice water detail there around the legs, so many forget these details. What render engine did you use. If Iray you can add more light by messing with tone mapping (Render settings) or by increasing the Environment light intensity.

Phoenix

Admirable
It is Daz iray. I will have to try that! Because lighting has been one of my biggest challenges. I'm self taught so, ty so much for advice!

Szark

Awesome
When it comes to Daz Studio most of us are self taught given the lack of a proper manual. LOL Just shout if you need more help with that