• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Lisa's Botanicals Renders!

Carey

Extraordinary
Looking good @phdubrov !! Can't wait for them to be in the store soon!

These are for Lisa's Bell Flower and will be part of the Sweet Deals section hopefully out for Halloween, but I'm still deciding on the leaves. Possibly a lighter version on the leaf.
3 textures and one leaf and stem texture. - I may be able to get sort of the glowing effect in the lower left, but not sure if it will work for Poser.
Thinking these would look kind of neat with Sparky's Skelecat/Horse and Dreamers Dark Magic expansion set for the Skelecat.
View attachment 28943
looks very holloweeny

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I know I commented in your gallery, but LOVE this!! Your reflections are soo incredible !! Love the tulips as well.
Speaking of which here are some that are a little dark and Gothic. I can see the first set used with the Adams Family solarium beneath Mortisha's black roses, or perhaps a proper tango with Mortisha and Gomez?
Probably will work the Red set first Unless you would rather have the black.
Dark and gothic copy.jpg
Reds copy.jpg
Black to gray copy.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Neat!

There really is a breed of pansy which is so dark a (purple? Probably, but it's all but impossible to tell) as to look like a proper black flower even in bright sunlight. There is also a white variety with a delicate "black" tracery on the petals near the heart. Have always thought those wold be the perfect Halloween flowers. Even the pansy = thoughts symbolism suits the season.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Speaking of which here are some that are a little dark and Gothic. I can see the first set used with the Adams Family solarium beneath Mortisha's black roses, or perhaps a proper tango with Mortisha and Gomez?
Gotta get me some of the Black & White, and the Red, and the, well you get the picture :p

Here are some of @NapalmArsenal's upcoming textures "Practical Magic" for Lisa's Bell Flowers, and some cute toons I picked up and made textures to match the flowers :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Sure hope they are released WELL BEFORE Halloween so we can use them in art for the holiday!!
OOOO THEY ARE HERE!! LOL!!! YAY!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sure hope they are released WELL BEFORE Halloween so we can use them in art for the holiday!!
OOOO THEY ARE HERE!! LOL!!! YAY!
Have fun with them you can go realistic or toony and they work well with the house cat colors.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, a lethal weapon and a bunch of carnations in the same render. I like it! :D

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Well, carnations were dedicated to Zeus, so double-bladed axe. Not exactly labris here, but why not.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhhh, I was wondering what inspired you to set up that scene. Now it makes sense. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was wondering where the people who belong to the carnations and the weapon have disappeared to...great render!

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Thank you!
Well, while the axe not exactly Greco-Roman in style, the bench is clearly Roman... So I aimed for the vacant Olympus mood. Probably should name it such :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, the Axe reminds me more of Vikings than Romans, but I'm not positive about that either.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@Miss B Axe is more Renaissance than anything, at least metalwork-wise. Or godly :) Especially with the weight about 15-25kg from look :) so no common man can wield it.

Starweed + Superfly = LOVE
Common Starweed Closeup.jpg

Common Starweed 01, Subd 2, and a lot of tests :) Plus procedural specular map to make the reflections cell-grainy and not overwhelming.

Miss B

CV-BEE
@Miss B Axe is more Renaissance than anything, at least metalwork-wise. Or godly :) Especially with the weight about 15-25kg from look :) so no common man can wield it.
Well, I wouldn't necessarily call Vikings "common" men, as none of them look like "light-weights", if you know what I mean. ;)

Common Starweed 01, Subd 2, and a lot of tests :) Plus procedural specular map to make the reflections cell-grainy and not overwhelming.
Gorgeous!! I'm liking the way this looks sir. Very nice indeed. :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Well, I wouldn't necessarily call Vikings "common" men, as none of them look like "light-weights", if you know what I mean. ;)
Duch battle axe - 1-1.5kg, pollaxe - up to 3 kg, hellebarde - common around 4kg, up to 6.5kg for ceremonial, almost 3m ones. Zweinhander - up to 3.5. It's a common misconception that melee weapons were very heavy. Or that firearms are lighter.

Gorgeous!! I'm liking the way this looks sir. Very nice indeed. :)
:thankyou2: