• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We've enjoyed the process of creating this Lil' Kitty for everyone and hope that you'll enjoy posting your wonderful images and renders here in this thread. This has truly been a labor of love that Paul, and Laurie and I have worked hard and tirelessly to bring to you all.

Lisa and I wish to thank all involved, and very much appreciate our wonderful Beta, and Quality Assurance and Verification testers, who put in consistent and concerted efforts to make sure we put out a quality product.

Lisa and I personally thank Paul Lessard who has done such a wonderful job in creating a stellar rig for the Big Cat and for this House Cat. We thank him for all the effort he's put into adjusting the rig and adding in joint controlled morphs and so on to make the posing of this animal very believable. He's a master and making this cat work equally as well in Poser as in DAZ Studio.

Our whole team is so very thankful to Laurie Prindle of CWRW fame, and for her awesome texture maps and product imagery. She's a real gem of a person and artist, and is so professional in her efforts from start to finish. We're so proud to be associated with her talent and passion for the projects she chooses to be a part of. We're also grateful for her added suggestions on making the morphs and shaping the best they can be.

And lastly we're thankful for all the input we've received along the way not only from Beta and QAV, but from this community that cares enough to chime in and give us your ideas and share thoughts to make this cat what it is. We all know that a quality house cat is long overdue for this audience.

HANDS DOWN, THIS IS THE BEST HOUSE CAT IN THIS POSER AND STUDIO MARKET!

And as I've mentioned before, fur is coming. It is planned and in the works by other artists, and I'm hopeful that they'll choose to share wips with us along the way.

HWCatMain.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'M BEYOND HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!! (she says with words and purchases...sent the cost to a dear friend so they could buy him NOW too!)

Awesome! Thanks so much for your support Lyne.

Hmmm... I feel a change is coming for your avatar soon. Ha, ha.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
HouseCat1.jpg

Poser Pro 2014- Firefly material of course. to clarify... brought in the cat CHARACTER and did a quick render, and got no tail, ears or iris showing...checked to see if something got plugged into the transparency nodes, but no, the tail was fine, etc... just did not show up... BET it was the character set up in P 11? Such an annoyance that P11 would be THAT different!! Sure glad you are providing the materials for PP 2014, as honestly, really, I'LL NEVER UPGRADE to it... I love my version. :)

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Awesome! Thanks so much for your support Lyne.

Hmmm... I feel a change is coming for your avatar soon. Ha, ha.

weeeelll not till I 'port' my Travis kitty MAP over, Chris, and that is quite a job.... but yes, of course I'll have a new avi! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Or not, it's fine.

About that other situation with how the cat come in, I'm certain it can all be worked out with no issues. But for now, it's late and folks on the team are heading off to bed.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh but my bedtime had to wait for this! -
MyNewToy.jpg

I had to do a render, and this is nearly RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX... the teeniest, tiniest bit of post work...just had to have a real play with this fantastical new pet of mine... he's MINE now.. he's so mine!!! I love this kitty, did I say that? and guess what?! This is Paul's pose for the big cat: Batting!!! wooo hooo!! just had to twist the back foot a teeny tiny bit to sit flat...but hey! We've a gold mine here!! Paul is such a great poser! (and don't read that wrong... LOL!)

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
oh but my bedtime had to wait for this! - View attachment 16578

I had to do a render, and this is nearly RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX... the teeniest, tiniest bit of post work...just had to have a real play with this fantastical new pet of mine... he's MINE now.. he's so mine!!! I love this kitty, did I say that? and guess what?! This is Paul's pose for the big cat: Batting!!! wooo hooo!! just had to twist the back foot a teeny tiny bit to sit flat...but hey! We've a gold mine here!! Paul is such a great poser! (and don't read that wrong... LOL!)

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!

Yay! Love making Lyne happy!:)

Yep the Big Kitty poses work very well for Lil' Kitty too with just minor tweaking and then pf course adding some of the shaping morphs to make him more of a house kitty:) LOL for grins you can also use these grey tabby textures on our leopard too:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I know that look!! ............. That's so disgustingly cute!!! ROLF

LOL my current guy Buddy is the only cat I've had in all my years that does this all the time:) (And the kitty poking his nose out of the sheets is my Buddy too- (LOL yeah you'll all see lots of Buddy poses in my promos for my texture add-ons:) He's the ginger tabby I am working on. Though I did get my previous grey tabby The Dude in one of the promos too:) Ok really am getting back to work now:)