• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Cybrea

Daz Iray. Lully's Cuddler and freebie cat toy.

hwcat-cy.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
DA has a few good fur brushes, can make her into a little furball.
If by DA you mean deviantArt, I just checked, and that's quite a collection they have. Do you mind my asking which ones you used on our House Kitty?

Cybrea

thanks all :)

Miss B, The one I found to work the best with just a mouse was FurBrushes. There are only two brushes in the free pack, I used the one called soft fuzzy brush small.
If by DA you mean deviantArt, I just checked, and that's quite a collection they have. Do you mind my asking which ones you used on our House Kitty?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
thanks all :)

Miss B, The one I found to work the best with just a mouse was FurBrushes. There are only two brushes in the free pack, I used the one called soft fuzzy brush small.
Oh Kewl. I'll have to check them out. I have to say they had quite a nice assortment of brushes there, but a number of them are for CS5 or higher, and I'm still using CS2, so I didn't want to buy any if I wasn't sure they'd work. Since the sample brushes are free, I can see how they work, and then decide if I want to buy the rest of them, as it's a very decent price.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Couple things that I really like about this House Cat.

Paul has been able to get some great ranges of kinetic movement from the joint areas, particularly the front elbow joint. There's not a lot of geometry in that area, even though I added in what I could, Paul pushed it even further and got a great range from it. Also, his Beta team (HiveWire Beta team) pushed us by encouraging an even wider range on the elbow joint. So Paul and I spent 3 more days effort to get something even better.

Also, Laurie is using the same UVs that I created for the Big Cat. The goal is to get the most from that set and try our collective best to get a good solid result to work with this House Cat, and hopefully the Dog and perhaps even the Dragon (It's being worked on to see what can be done). But Laurie has driven ahead to make sure her maps will work. She's done a great job on the House Cat maps. We know that map stretching occurs when you push the limits of a mesh and the UVs. We can't get away from that, especially as much as this Lil' Kitty likes to play Gumby. But again Laurie has done her best to deal with the existing perimeters. She hasn't complained to me about the shortcomings of the UVs at all, she just cranked ahead and got it done.

Kudos to you both Paul and Laurie.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous renders all adorable poses and you can just feel the mischievous kitty curiosity in each one of them!!

Very nice @Cybrea Gotta love that Cheshire grin!! =)

ermmm lots of cheats on this one! Should have one with scales pretty soon.
Fairy Flower wings are on sale !!

Catterfly
Catterfly Small.jpg

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sweet, Freyfaxi - fun, Cy, and very cool, NA!!

Loving the variety!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love all the renders so very cool!

Cybrea thanks for the info on the fur brushes and that is one cool morph. Any plans to release it?